Kicked out/off the Sierra Mountian area park by the Ranger.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend who has been 40 years in Gold Prospecting rode a bike into: To be exact The Trinity Wilderness Area, (North California Area.) the Ranger told him NO 2 wheel vehicles or any with tires are banned in the Sierra Mountian park areas! "Get your bike out!"... :icon_scratch:. These rules are dumb. You can only walk, use a horse, bring a dog but nothing with wheels! Can you Freakin believe it! Panning Metal detecting and "Snipe tools are allowed but you have to pack it in.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ha, well you can look at it another way too: While these environmental laws can seem onerous and silly, yet if you've ever been a country where there's no such rules, (or so much corruption that they're widely ignored), then you can come to appreciate the bureacratic stuff we have here. I went to interior mexico, for example, and saw that beautiful pristine forests and rivers were simple clear cut and used and dumping grounds. Ruins of historic places are simply bulldozed at will, and little to no preservation occurs. If you have an old car you don't want, you simply take it to the nearest ravine and drive it off.

As much as I detest all the rules too (I own a company and deal with bureaucratic hoops and rules all the time), yet after that trip to Mexico, it gave me an appreciation for the outcome.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the rangers have wheeled vehicles.....oh, but the rules don't apply to them! The horsy people must have a better lobbyist than the bike people. Have you seen what kind of damage can be done by horses on a trail? I think this would be a good basis for an ADA lawsuit. There are many people (probably me included) that wouldn't be physically able to pack a heavy load on my back several miles into the wilderness. I guess I'm disabled and need a publically funded way to get me where I want to go! :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, well you can look at it another way too: While these environmental laws can seem onerous and silly, yet if you've ever been a country where there's no such rules, (or so much corruption that they're widely ignored), then you can come to appreciate the bureacratic stuff we have here. I went to interior mexico, for example, and saw that beautiful pristine forests and rivers were simple clear cut and used and dumping grounds. Ruins of historic places are simply bulldozed at will, and little to no preservation occurs. If you have an old car you don't want, you simply take it to the nearest ravine and drive it off.

As much as I detest all the rules too (I own a company and deal with bureaucratic hoops and rules all the time), yet after that trip to Mexico, it gave me an appreciation for the outcome.
Conservation is good, but this country has gone too far...Im sick of hearing green this and green that...too much whale hugging and manatee kissing going on for me.

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Wilderness areas are better off with the laws, suck as they might. Without the legislation, there'd be hotels and highways throughout the Sierras. JMHO

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Conservation is good, but this country has gone too far...Im sick of hearing green this and green that...too much whale hugging and manatee kissing going on for me.
I agree with you here lookindown.............. But have you ever seen what 4 wheelers & dirt bikes have done to a lot of our woods........... They just tear them up and make them look like crap............But like you i am sick of hearing about green...

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are right Keppy, Some 4 wheelers & Dirt bikes do tear up a lot of woods but my friend had only a bicycle not a powered dirt bike and the ranger told him "GIT!" No-Anything with tires allowed! My friend is a caring soul who only searches for a promising good gold spot and cares about taking care of keeping the forest like he found it. Thankx.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Buddy Tom in Ca! I never go to Mexico since i am part Hispanic and found they treat me like a traitor because I don't speak Spanish and Kiss their butt actin like them drinking Poolkey and spitting. I found over there YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS! I am not sayin all are bad but some can act like animals rousting some for money especially college kids in Rosarito Beach. They close the bars early and grab college kids against the wall and slap them & Calling them drunk then to the TJ jail for Parents to bail them out. (last time I was there.) I'm with you, we do need some laws but still people steal cars and dump them off a ravine. Look at Anderson where tons of tires are found in the sacramanto river due to illegal night dumping. Even with laws still some break them. I'm sayin a bicycle is not going to do that much harm as much as heavy horse shoes which do tear up the ground & land in areas traveled which can be worse. Thank you friend.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am certain that the only exceptions are handicapped access devices. My wife is able to drive her mobility power scooter in places where motorized / wheeled gear is not allowed.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Without the legislation, there'd be hotels and highways throughout the Sierras. JMHO."..............Ya? With all due respect, What do you think Yosemite Park is? Does that qualify as Sierras?..... Once they make it a National Park it is lost. You've lost it forever. National Park means: it is now available for Amusement Park rides and for Private individuals to make money off the concessions. River guiding, guide permitting, Hotels and Restaurants, they treat the place like Disneyland. I should know, We have 7 National Parks here and Yellowstone nearby. I have watched each and every one of them go down the tubes as they are mass promoted to feed the tourist Industry. These places have been loved to death. When they declare something wilderness it means: This is now just for the Hikers, Mountain Bikers and X-country skiers, we don't want the rest of you in here bothering us. Especially no mining, gold panners, artifact collecting, etc............I say if they aren't allowing anything but foot traffic, that's better for you. Just hike in and have the place to yourself. Camp for a couple of nights. Very few detectorists will go to the trouble you have and there won't be much competition on your site.

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend who has been 40 years in Gold Prospecting rode a bike into the Sierra Mountain National Park (North California Area.) the Ranger told him NO 2 wheel vehicles or any with tires are banned in the Sierra Mountian park areas! "Get your bike out!"... :icon_scratch:. These rules are dumb. You can only walk, use a horse, bring a dog but nothing with wheels! Can you Freakin believe it! Panning Metal detecting and "Snipe tools are allowed but you have to pack it in.

Metal detecting allowed in a US national park? I don't think so, unless something major has changed. The one time I asked a ranger about it he told me that not only is it not allowed but that even having a MD in your possession in a national park is prohibited.

From a national park website:
Metal Detectors: 36 CFR 2.1(a)(7) prohibits use of metal detectors in all national parks.

When last I checked, we are still welcome on most BLM and USFS land unless a site is designated as historical or if MD is otherwise specifically prohibited. State park rules are all over the place but are generally very lenient here in Oregon.

Chuck

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting allowed in a US national park? I don't think so, unless something major has changed. The one time I asked a ranger about it he told me that not only is it not allowed but that even having a MD in your possession in a national park is prohibited.

From a national park website:
Metal Detectors: 36 CFR 2.1(a)(7) prohibits use of metal detectors in all national parks.

When last I checked, we are still welcome on most BLM and USFS land unless a site is designated as historical or if MD is otherwise specifically prohibited. State park rules are all over the place but are generally very lenient here in Oregon.

Chuck

Oh sure, ban metal detectors in our national parks. But turn a blind eye to the thousands of machine gun armed illegal alien drug runners, mostly from Mexico planting weed gardens. Polluting once pristine forest lands with toxic chemicals, leaving enough litter on the ground to fill a thousand trucks. Yea, lets get those evil metal detector users!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
With a CCW that is accepted in the State the national park is in, you too can now carry a weapon legally thanks to President Obama. Nice to have a means of protection against those green farmers growing that rope stuff....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Obama?? You mean in spite of Obama. The NRA had been working on that issue for years and had the votes to override any veto that Obama might use so he acted like it was his idea......typical.....

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The information to be exact is the "Trinity Wilderness area". My friend said he was wrong to call it a National Park, he did not know but all he was really concerns being "Kicked Out" of the park.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad we can protect ourselves, Thank God for the NRA. In our neck of the woods here in N. Calif. a family were hiking and came upon a "Pot farm" some Illegal aliens drew their rifles on them and held them & questioned them to make sure they were not working with agents. They were let go. That is a lot of B.S. they went thru. Now I know it is good to have protection, the next time things might not go so well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread