Just Got My MD

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi all, just got my first metal detector in the post today i cant wait to get out and use it. The bugger is i hurt my back just before i brought it but i thought i would be okay by now, but im still struggling. I live in a very rural part of Gloucestershire in England and my grandad owns a farm that is very close to an old Roman camp. ;D I know the camp is off limits but im hoping to find some goodies in my grandads fields, which are also very close to forests so who knows what i might find?. But while im unable to go out there can anyone give me some hints on MDing? I have found out that a couple of people have already been over my grandads fields with a Metal Detector 20 - 30 years ago but i dont think they found anything then. Plus they have just ploughed a couple of fields so im hoping alot of interesting stuff has been brought to the surface.
I wish my back would get better so i can get out there.

SA

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BACK SA. I don't see any mention of What type of Detector you baught.? I can give you a General, When you get out there go slow. & read your Manual a few times while your waiting & read it again every nite when you get home. you'll be suprised what your missing reading it before you use it compared to what your picking up from it after you use it. Pretty soon you'll be a pro at it? :) HH Jeff

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Welcome SA, hope the backs better soon, I have that problem occasionally myself. I've read allot of stories of small roman coin caches found over there, good luck hunting and be sure to post any finds. Listen to Jeff he's been doing this a long time!!!

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
Thanks for your advice and support. I brought myself a Treasure Hunter All vision Pro MD now i know alot of people have said bad things about them but i did a bit of reasearch and i found alot of people liked them and said good things about them. Iv been using it alday cause iv been off iv done an air test etc and i must say iv been quite impressed. Iv read the manual a couple of times already and i intend to read it a couple more before i go to bed. Like i say i know alot of people have said bad things about them but i got it cheap off ebay plus as it was my first MD i didnt want anything expensive or too complicated. Iv read alot of posts about MD's and alot of members have recommended Whites, Garrett etc and i eventually will buy one but at the mo ill see how i get on with the treasure hunter. Yeah iv spoke to a few local resident including my granparents and they said there have been quite a few finds near by. Iv found some old photos on the internet of my grandparents farm and the surrounding area and i have spotted some interesting areas that i hope to investigate soon.

Thanks again for your replies

Sean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread