shroompics

Greenie
Aug 13, 2009
Sunriver, OR
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the Parks & Rec. office on Simpson and get a metal detecting permit (free) for the parks. Also, Sunriver was an old army engineer base (Camp Abbott) '42 to '44 before becoming the resort. I've read they allow metal detecting as long as you take a picture of any historical finds and give the pics to the museum there. (Stick to the non-occupied areas). If you haven't already, join the Deschutes County Historical Society (they have a museum downtown on Bond, and have documents and materials that you can search for leads, including all the back issues of the Bend Bulletin). We live in Sunriver (but outside the resort area...technically Three Rivers.)

gradechecker69

Jul 2, 2012
Southern OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT-Pro, Sovereign Elite and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was born and raised in Bend (born in 59) if I was still there I'd hunt sidewalk strips on the west side, around Drake Park. There's places around the parkway (Colorado street exit) as your traveling north, there is some fruit trees on the right as you come off the ramp that might have something. I actually worked on that part of the parkway and found a merc on the surface when we tore out the old road and sidewalks.I stopped there just last weekend and hunted for a few minutes but didn't find anything but I'd try there. If you find anything I get half.:occasion14: Or a cold adult beverage!

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's QXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Bend. I'm a bit of a desert rat. I like to hit out of the way places that are "off the beaten path". It's amazing the history that's preserved in our dry desert country east of Bend.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three sisters are a beautiful sight. Try researching logging camps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread