Technical Question!

Kale1

Nov 2, 2006
Re: Technical Question!

I believe the new Minelab Explorer SE and some of the other Minelabs are built with the Coil Cable inside.Never own one but will be looking into one later on.Also, I believe the only Stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Good Luck.............

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kale1 said:
I believe the new Minelab Explorer SE and some of the other Minelabs are built with the Coil Cable inside.Never own one but will be looking into one later on.Also, I believe the only Stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Good Luck.............

All the explorers have the cable inside.

however, If you wrap your cable Snugly around the stem. you shouldn't
be receiving false Signals.

Are you talking about the Older Gold Hunter or the 250 ?

My guess it's the Gold Hunter & the Tuning causing it.

if it's the 250, maby some others here can tell you if this is a
common problem with the 250. or if you have a problem.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only some of the Minelabs have the cable inside the stem and the others you can hip mount. Some of the problems people have with the detectors cable trouble come from strain on the cable due to not enough slack at the bottom where it enters the coil and rough treatment of hitting the cable on brush.

Sandman

W

willrich

just an Idea, but, yanno what cowboy chaps were? why can't ya just velcrow a long tube of like lightweight vinal or something around the shaft and wire up to the controll box?
ever see them pads they velcrow to a bicycle's handlebars? like for the old mx bikes across the mx handlebars. (mx = moto cross)
remember, ya heard it here first (o:

OP
OP
buscadero

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Thanks to all of you! I'll try it all & see what works best!
Thanks Again & HH

Joe

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just run the cable up snug to the rod and at about 4-6" wrap a velcro strap around it. Or one of those rubber band (not plastic) cable ties. DOnt make it so tight it cant flew with the coil, though.

H

Hank68

you can ues 3/4" pipe insulation cut it to lenght and ues tie straps works for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread