newbie question about detectors

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been a member here for just a short time mbut in that time i have learned alot about MD. you guys are the best.. my question is as i read all the forums and look at the members most all you guys have several if not many,many detectors, i guess the obious reson would be to hjave a spare or have one for land and one for water or beaches. as im not real experienced yet i have enough problems just using one sometimes. i just wanted to know whats the purpose of having so many different detectors ? maybe the diffent technogoly ?:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not real experienced yet and you have 4. How many do you think you will have in 5 years?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A golfer needs more than one club to play a round of golf. You'd think with playing the same course all the time they could get rid of a few clubs. Myself I like to learn the different detectors, but I also have my favorites.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your question I thought you only had one detector but I see you have four...you should be able to answer your own question. :dontknow:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lookindown said:
From your question I thought you only had one detector but I see you have four...you should be able to answer your own question. :dontknow:

Hmmmmmmm. LOL

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand the question....it doesn't make any sense! :tongue3:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Ace350 said:
I don't understand the question....it doesn't make any sense! :tongue3:

Well he has four as listed on his profile. I think he wants to know why he has so many.

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Find a machine that fits your hunting needs and stick with it. I've owned 5 detectors since 1985 when I bought my first, a Technetics 1000A, that I used for 5 years and never found anything but junk. In 1990, we moved to Florida, and I bought a Fisher Aquanaut, and used that machine until it died in 2001. My finds were many and sometimes valuable. My third machine was again a Fisher, a CZ 20 with a 10" coil. Since I hunted almost exclusively on salt water beaches, I liked the stability I got while hunting the wet surf line at low tide. I owned a Garett Seahunter that only found junk and a Whites Eagle Spectrum that was a great land machine, but was useless in the riffle of salt water. Sold that one after 6 months. Watch your spelling - it says a lot about you as a person.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found one detector that could perform the best in all types of detecting. There are some detectors that are good to very good at a number of different types of detecting but if you want the best detector for a specific type of detecting then you need a machine that is specialized. A person that only does one type of detecting (say tot lots) can get by with one detector. If on the other hand a person water detects, competition hunts, hunts relics, nugget shoots, hunts the salt water beach dry sand, wet sand, coin shoots, etc. then you may want to concider more than one detector. Don't look at my Avtar.

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Find a machine that fits your hunting needs and stick with it. I've owned 5 detectors since 1985 when I bought my first, a Technetics 1000A, that I used for 5 years and never found anything but junk. In 1990, we moved to Florida, and I bought a Fisher Aquanaut, and used that machine until it died in 2001. My finds were many and sometimes valuable. My third machine was again a Fisher, a CZ 20 with a 10" coil. Since I hunted almost exclusively on salt water beaches, I liked the stability I got while hunting the wet surf line at low tide. I owned a Garett Seahunter that only found junk and a Whites Eagle Spectrum that was a great land machine, but was useless in the riffle of salt water. Sold that one after 6 months. Watch your spelling - it says a lot about you as a person.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Play your cards right and you can probably get a good deal on an Ace350 from InKogKneeGrow.
I think he may be selling his real cheap :headbang:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch your double posting...it says a lot about you as a person. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread