Short hiatis! Back for more!

F

fishermann

Hello all! New to this forum but have detected for over 20 years! Started out on a BH Red Baron! I was so naive! When I found my first silver "Rosie" in an old legion hall I asked my buddy who knew less than me "Why does this dime still shine and these others don't." I also found a Walking Libery half the same day. Graduated to a Fisher 1265X and dug a lot of good old coins, half dimes, seated dimes etc. Tried Whites periodically but could never get the hang of any of those machines, although they are the most comfortable to swing! Graduated up to a CZ5 for the last 5 years before taking a 3 year hiatis. I LOVED that machine! SLAMMED silver dimes at wheaties at up to 11 inches in the right soil! ID always bounced between Zinc penny and top coins on a deep coin. You knew you had a good one. I am going to try Fisher's new Coinstrike and yes, I realize it's not a CZ before you all give me the warnings. I have lots of time to learn. I learned all the rest, so this one should fit right in. My "pet peve" on Fisher detectors...MAKE THE TRIGGER SWITCH FOR PINPOINT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE UNIT LIKE THE OLD ONES WERE! This can't be that hard as the 1270 has it for gosh sake. I loathe pushbutton pinpoint. They are coming around on the design though. Have the newer models control unit on a seperate stand with the housing above and off the stem with the foam handle in the "S"..like the old 1265's were. Lot more easy on the wrist. Well, enough ramblings from another one of those "weirdos in the park with that beeping thingy!" you here us referred to so much. Look forawrd to many good times and helpful posts on here. I particularly enjoy the posts by the guy calling himself ONION! Lots of good stuff there.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread