Bounty hunter 3300 vs. Garrett cxiii vs. Tesoro Cortes, best detector for the buck?

ridgetop1

Aug 28, 2012
Wisconsin, Lacrosse area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to get into metal detecting and have found a few detectors for sale locally. The first is a Bounty Hunter discovery 3300 in new condition with older headphones for $150 the other is a Garrett grand master hunter cxiii in new condition with new never used headphones, manual, carrying case and a bunch or treasure hunting books for $250 I also know of a Tesoro Cortes with treasure wise headphones and carrying case for $400 didnt say condition though. Just wondering everyones thoughts between the two, maybe shouldnt buy either, just dont know. Thanks in advance. I am from Wisconsin, mostly clay and sand ground, looking mostly for old coins maybe some lost treasures gold rings and such. Thanks again

Upvote 0

VTHunter

Greenie
Aug 6, 2012
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not an expert but i had a bounty hunter and i now have a garret GTI 2500 the garret is 100 times the machine the bounty hunter was. Some detectors are desinged to work better than others in certain conditions. example, some detectors are designed to find coins, some are designed for beach hunting, so what you are going to be using it for should be a factor as to which detector you choose. Get online and do you homework on the detecors and pick the one that is best designed to meet you needs....Goodluck

OP
OP
R

ridgetop1

Aug 28, 2012
Wisconsin, Lacrosse area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks VTHunter, I found a GTI 2500 with 2 search coils for $600 also, good condition less than a year old.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Granted you can find used detectors on the web or at garage sales, but as a newbie I suggest you only buy new and from a local dealer where you can handle them. Being new to this hobby and detectors you wouldn't know if the thing was working right or not and a lot of time can be wasted swinging a detector that isn't up to the task. A local dealer, even if you need to drive quite a ways is well worth it as he can assemble it, test it out and you can carry it out in your hot lil hands instead of letting UPS break it by throwing the box around. Remember it is electronic equipement, not a shovel. Remember a little cash saved by ordering it mail order may not be worth it if it arrives broke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread