Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: funny things people have shouted at you

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    567 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    When people ask what I'm doing I tell them I'm hunting aliens, and keep walking.

us
    Dan or Daniel or Lucky if I've found Gold.

May 2012
    Mariposa, California. USA
    MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
    680 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfinder99 View Post
    My favorite one is one I get pretty often. Its the one where the cop hollers "what are you doing?"
    When I was looking at this topic, I was curious. I don't have anyone yell anything at me. Except this one lady cops. "What the heck are you doing". I told her I was "Playing with my toy" I didn't clarify. Nor did I think about it before I said it. I won't be using that one again. so if anyone else wants you use it. :-)
    Plug cutter and ranger11 like this.

us
    Feb 2011
    Southern California
    Surf PI Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250
    7 times
    I mainly beach hunt and one day a very hot girl ran up to me and yelled what's up? She wasn't annoying or anything and actually very sweet and polite, she didn't ask your basic what are you doing but asked whether gold or junk made the same sounds etc. She asked if my detector would pick up a little diamond stud she had in her nose and asked if she could hear, so I handed her my headphones and told her to let me know when she heard the beep. Remember; hot girl; bikini. as I lift my detector up she said "I heard the beep" this was in the general area of her Bikini bottoms (Put your mind to work) she must have seen the look on my face because she smiled, blushed and said "oh yeah there too". She thanked me for talking to her and wished me luck. One of my best finds yet.
    Redeye, nsdq, AC1955 and 4 others like this.

us
    Aug 2012
    The Woodlands,Texas
    AT PRO Pro Pointer
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior
    I mainly beach hunt and one day a very hot girl ran up to me and yelled what's up? She wasn't annoying or anything and actually very sweet and polite, she didn't ask your basic what are you doing but asked whether gold or junk made the same sounds etc. She asked if my detector would pick up a little diamond stud she had in her nose and asked if she could hear, so I handed her my headphones and told her to let me know when she heard the beep. Remember; hot girl; bikini. as I lift my detector up she said "I heard the beep" this was in the general area of her Bikini bottoms (Put your mind to work) she must have seen the look on my face because she smiled, blushed and said "oh yeah there too". She thanked me for talking to her and wished me luck. One of my best finds yet.
    Now I wanna mount a camera on my machine
    jim/wpb likes this.

us
    May 2012
    harrisburg, pa
    garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
    When people ask what I'm doing I tell them I'm hunting aliens, and keep walking.
    I like this response... I may have to use it sometime

us
    Nov 2010
    California
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    561 times
    I'm a small, 70-year old grandma. Was detecting in serene location behind library, sun shining, lovely tall old stone wall on one side of dirt path, grassy strip with orange and yellow wildflowers on the other side, then a slope to a shady creek ravine. Birds singing, sun shining, strolling passersby smiling when they saw me detecting in the sparse grass right next to the path. I was in happy dream state, having dug up my first partial pocket watch and several coins. Suddenly a stout middle-aged man stormed down the path and screamed at me, "What the h*** are you doing?!" I just stared at his flaming red face and then chose to say nothing. Getting no response, he left. Not only did it startle me and raise my blood pressure, it made me mad. After a while, I realized that the guy must be stuck in his miserable inner life! Nobody else has ever yelled at me! HH to all. Andi

us
    Ride Nude Ride Free!

Oct 2009
    Yerington, Nevada
    Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
    4 times
    Tell him yer fishin'
    Where ever your at, that's where you'll be.

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    333 times
    Was detecting at a very populated beach. A little boy (about 4 or so) came up and asked what I was doing. Told him I was hunting for bottle caps (that's all I was finding that day). He said okay and left. About 10 minutes later, he comes up to me, pulls on my shirt to get my attention and very shyly opens his hand and said, "I found some for you"...plastic bottle caps. Priceless! (I gave him 25 cents for his help).

HH,
    Anita
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    Quote Originally Posted by AC1955
    Was detecting at a very populated beach. A little boy (about 4 or so) came up and asked what I was doing. Told him I was hunting for bottle caps (that's all I was finding that day). He said okay and left. About 10 minutes later, he comes up to me, pulls on my shirt to get my attention and very shyly opens his hand and said, "I found some for you"...plastic bottle caps. Priceless! (I gave him 25 cents for his help).

HH,
    Anita
    That is the funniest md story I have read :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
    MrSchulz likes this.

Apr 2012
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AC1955

HH,
    Anita
    What a great story ! I can picture the little boy standing there . Gotta wipe my eyes now laughed till I cried .

us
    Feb 2011
    southwestern, va.
    garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a new DFX300.
    4 times
    Metal Detecting
    I made the mistake and told a little boy i was looking for rocks, well he came back and showed me a handful he had found.
    yeah this is fun.........i love my job.

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
    309 times
    Coin Roll Hunting, Bottle hunting, and Metal Detecting
    Oh thats a cool Gieger Counter. You can come through my yard with it if you want.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    Blob tops: 0
    Hutches: 2
    Medicines: 23
    Local Bottles: 24
    Tokens: 2, (1) Local
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    19th Century cutting scissors
    ~
    Metal Detecting:
    Foreign: 1
    Wheats: 28
    Silver Dimes: 1
    Token: 1
    Clad: $47.53

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    My favorite thing to say when some asks what I'm doing is "Minding my own business why don't you try it".
    Lady Pirate likes this.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Apr 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Sovereign GT, F75SE, Excalibur, Whites Dual Field, Aqua Sound
    28 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Been asked many times what I was doing. My favorite reply is, "I lost my mind, but I'm sure I'll find it."

us
    Jan 2012
    Garrett Ace250 Minelab Safari
    386 times
    Told some noise old guy that was watching me for an hour when he asked what I was doing I replied trying to ignore u couldn't u tell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors