First time swingin

Wingnut

Sep 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time swingin'

My BH Tracker IV arrived earlier today so off to a local park we go...after reading the manual, air test, etc. of course.

Totals after about 3 hours....

11 varied nails...5 varied pieces of foil...5 varied pieces of wire...2 bottle caps...
1 bolt...1 pull tab...1 hair pin...1 paper clip...1 AAA battery...2 small UMOs (unidentified metal objects)

And the good stuff...3 nickels and 7 zincolns...just another 9,733 zincolns and I'll have this thing paid for! :laughing7:

Not sure if it was a good haul or not but it's more than I expected since I'd never had an MD in my hand before...

HH, Rick

Upvote 0

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are hitting Nickles and Pennies, you're on your way. Just a matter of time before you find it nearly impossible not to hunt on a regular basis. Looking forward to seeing your first silver, gold and heck, while you are at it, find a wingnut. Welcome to the hobby.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and to TNet, Wingnut! Congrats on finding the nickles and pennies. You are off to a good start.

As you've probably heard by now, swing your coil low and slow and dig everything! This is how you will get to know your machine and the different sounds it makes. "Plant" a metal garden - coins, pull tabs, bottle cap, silver and gold (if you can). Use this to practice (of course if you are adding gold and silver, do this in your own yard) and get to know your machine. Most of all, get out there and hunt!

HH (Happy Hunting),
Anita

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Tnet, Wingnut. ( I like the name) Sounds like your doing it right. Take the trash out too, so you don't have to dig it again. Keep at it. Success breeds success! TTC

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What!?? No aluminum cans?

Yep your doing fine. Try the tot lot area also...you'd be surprised at what gets lost in that area.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You picked a great hobby! You never know whats under the ground unless you look. I've found about 13.00+ in change at parks, and some old buttons from early 1900s, as well as a brass padlock from the 1920's. It's definitely an addictive hobby! I started about 2 years ago, already I've had 6 different detectors. I started with a bounty hunter fortune hunter. Tracker IV great detector to start out with, people have found alot of good stuff with them. Please keep us posted on your finds! Have fun and welcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread