woe! first silver find.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
OK so I have only been detecting for a week or two and only in my yard. Have watched and read a ton on my Garrett ace 250 anyways, so today was in the yard and 2 ft off my sidewalk bam! She started talking to me read out said dime dug down and found my first silver Rosie. Very excited our house was built in the 30's. Just wanted to share with you all.

ForumRunner_20120910_180441.png

ForumRunner_20120910_180456.png

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! There is bound to be more where that came from.

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! I hope you find many more. And welcome to the most addicting hobby on earth

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Thanks it was very exciting. I am still getting some false reading though. I have everything discriminated from zinc penny back and have the sensitivity around 2 bars from full any suggestions?

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm not an ace 250 expert by any means the only time I have used them has been looking for weapons cashes in Iraq and they worked great. I however have used a lot of different machines and would have to say try turning down your sensitivity first. Just a little at a time and see if that helps it would change at every location due to ground conditions and EM fields where your hunting. Next I would open your disc up some you will dig a lot more junk but you will learn a Bunch about your detector and it could help with some of the false signals. I use a $1500 machine now and still dig everything and still will get the false signal every now and then so your doing nothing wrong. See the great stuff on here a lot of the guys find has a big bag of junk behind it they put in the trash.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Thanks very much. Just didn't know if I was doing something wrong. I don't dig foil signal should I?

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustywallen said:
Thanks very much. Just didn't know if I was doing something wrong. I don't dig foil signal should I?

Yes that's where your gold is going to hit. If you open it up to just above iron and dig everything for a few weeks even, you will have a much better understanding of what the machine is trying to tell you. Not to mention if you are doing your own yard just dig the crap out of it it's the best test garden you have if. This is what I ask myself when I'm metal detecting and it has never let me down. Let's say my detector says beep beep foil , I say to myself ok there is foil there but what's under it?. You see I never did that until I was digging every thing one day and dug a gum wrapper 1 inch deep then went over the hole again and bam silver hit and it was a silver half dime 5 inches below the wrapper that's the key to detecting these days you can't be lazy if you go to a cellar hole in the woods move the fallen trees at a park get on your knees and swing under a bush because 9 times out of 10 the last Guy that was there just walked around it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread