D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Garrett 250 and I have learned so much from the posts in this Forum. One tip and it really helped was to tightly wrap and tape the cable from the coil to the control box. That helps alot. The other one that is really helpful is turning down the sensitivity below factory settings.

I have read so many tips besides the ones above. I would like to thank everyone for sharing thier tricks with this forum. The main thing I have learned is practice, practice, practice.

Now all I need is some new places here in S. IL close to ST Louis. Most places I have tried have been hunted over and over. I can find $2.50 to $4.00 in clad everytime I hit a soccer field or ball field.

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
research, see if you can find old picnic sites, swimming holes, etc. history will point you in the right direction

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always learn more dont believe anyone who calls themselves and expert. Practice and listening to others your off to a great start. St Louis being the gateway to the west back in the day you shouldn't have a problem researching and finding some great spots. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread