Advice For a Newbie

DeeHerd

Greenie
Sep 18, 2012
WV
Wanting to buy my first detector. Want an all around detector. Want to hunt coins, relics, etc. Live in WV but do want the capacity to find nuggets with travel. Have been reading this forum and researching.

I do not want to miss items. Shudder the thought of swinging over awesome finds without a hit. I understand that more depth may result in digging more trash.

Interested in the AT Pro, GB 2, and T2. However right now I'm leaning toward the Fisher 75. I understand it may take a while to learn the language especially for a beginner.

I'm thrifty but have a different philosophy when it comes to electronics. Your comments are appreciated.

Upvote 0

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best advice I can give is to talk to some local detectorists or a local detector shop about what works where you live. Ground mineralization does matter. As for the detectors you named, any of them should work fine but I would ask. If you're really looking for gold, consider the AT Gold over the AT Pro. The AT Gold is designed for small gold and is also a very good relic detector. The AT Pro can hunt in salt water with some tweaking, the AT Gold is a fresh water only detector. I know a lot of relic hunters like the T2 & F75. Consider the "Limited" editions of these two, costs a little more but you get a few more features.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread