Metal Detector

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks J.D., from my understanding the Ace 350 is in between the Ace 250 and Pro AT.. They are all very good MDs but with my limited budget I opted for the Ace 350 which will be here soon (5-7 days) and I can get started.... Good luck to you in whichever MD you decide on and happy hunting... :hello:

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I had one Garrett, GTA1000, only OK. Stick with White's or Tesoro. For the money, Tesoro is tops. Don't buy a cheapie, the Internet is full of Bounty Hunter and ACE250 metal detectors.

redtailhawk

Sep 17, 2012
Think about what type of detecting you are going to do, before you choose. I researched for a while, and decided on the Tesoro brand. All things being equal one can't beat the lifetime warranty.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello J.D. You might also want to check under the State specific board and see if you can meet a few local detectorists who might let you try their detector on an outing with them. If you've got a local shop (or local enough for a road trip) then it's well worth the trip. You'll be able to actually try some machines and get advice for your area.

I'm die-hard Tesoro and White's is my second choice in machines. Make a realistic assessment of how much time you'll spend water detecting vs land detecting...if more water detecting, seriously consider a water-proof machine.

Whatever machine you pick...save a few bucks back for a pin pointer and a good trowel and a sand scoop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread