Help with Teknetics G2 questions

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this question in the "brands" forum under "teknetics" about a week ago but nobody responded to it,Would the G2 be a good choice for hunting the deeper coins?Ive read alot about its performance on target seperation and swing speed and I have an opportunity to pick up a NIB G2 but im mainly a coin hunter,How does the G2 perform on the deeper coins? i.e. Lets say a silver quarter at 8-10 inches? would the G2 have problems with being able to get that deep or with masking it? Thanks in advance!!

HH John

Upvote 0

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like my G2 so far. Super light and fast. It is not known as a depth demon but seems to do a great job. I think that 90% of the time or better any coin you pass over will be well within its range on depth. It has a higher than normal frequency so hot on gold but not as good as lower frequency machines on silver supposedly. umrgolf found some really deep silver with his recently then went back and got a gold coin. Might not be the best machine for a hardcore coin hunter but great on relics and around trash. My 2 cents.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like my G2 so far. Super light and fast. It is not known as a depth demon but seems to do a great job. I think that 90% of the time or better any coin you pass over will be well within its range on depth. It has a higher than normal frequency so hot on gold but not as good as lower frequency machines on silver supposedly. umrgolf found some really deep silver with his recently then went back and got a gold coin. Might not be the best machine for a hardcore coin hunter but great on relics and around trash. My 2 cents.:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the info!!!
HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions