Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 Metal Detector

OP
OP
W

winterland4

After contacting the Bounty Hunter Website, I can now answer this question myself. These two units are identical, apart from color and presentation. Bounty Hunter is merely under contract by Wal Mart to produce this model exclusively for them. So before anyone decides to hand over $300.00* for a Quick Draw II, they may want to consider getting the Pioneer 202 from Wal Mart at just $198.00.
All the reviews i`ve read of this model say that its a competent little item.

*Amazon has this for $179.00 apparently unused.

applejackmw

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2007
Bought this unit today and after watching the video and messing around with it for about 1/2 an hour, I took it to a ball field and in 15 mins I found 1 quarter, 1 dime and 1 penny. The signals were correct and the depth indicators were right on. Took it out a bit later to a playground and found some more coins, all of them were right on. This appears to be quite a capable little machine for $198.00 at Walmart optical dept. :)

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
It's a good, cheap machine. My daughter has one. I use it sometimes. Her's is the Radio Shack version. It's called a Discovery 2200. When Radio Shack sold them out it cost $49.00. Normally it was $199.00. Got a good deal, I think.

DM

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the quick draw II / 202 model is a good decent basic model machine --- I used one for some time --- I also used the tracker IV model in the past --- I'm current using an Ace 250 --- these are a decent basic type machines --- pay close attention to the sounds with bounty hunters "sounds" by using them and the display information "together" -- you can often cut down greatly on digging junk --- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread