Pinpointer

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joseph - Harbor Freight sells a cheap one for about $15. It works but it is nothing even close to a Garrett pro. I plan on upgrading but for now the cheap Harbor Fright works good enough.

Dbersh

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree the Harbor Freight Cen-Tec works well for the price. I used one when I started with a few modifications, new switch and added vibrating motor, easy to find how to on various forums. Overall for the price can't be beat. I upgraded to the Minelab Pro-Find and mine works fantastic, either Garett or minelab pointers are worth the money IMO
HH

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Where do I get one of those? Radio Shack? Thanks!

Dbersh

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight, if you don't have one locally you can order online at www.harborfreight.com do a google search and you should be able to get a coupon as well, I just received a flier in the mail offering additional 15% off. Normal pice is 16.99. If you get a new switch (I recommend it) it is like 3 bucks at radio shack.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, I was just thinking. Most of the mags I get have a Harbor freight ad with a 20% off coupon.That means you could get one for app. $13.60 And it has the same pick up power as a $160 pro pointer. lol Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

MetalDetectMatt

Oct 24, 2012
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy, I must be lacking in my searching skills. I searched on their site but can't find anything related to a pinpointer with the search function. What section would you suggest looking under on the HF site? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread