Beginner looking for advice on new detector

bushwhacker07

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, I am looking for some advice/tips on which detector would best suit my needs. I bought a 5" gold dredge a couple of years ago and since then I have been to Georgia once and have since been to Colorado twice, I was mainly wanting it to check tailings and to nugget shoot. However I dont live anywhere near either place so I would like a machine that would allow me to treasure/coin hunt where I live, but also shoot the nuggets on my trips. The soil is pretty mineralized where I live also I dont ever plan on taking it in saltwater but would like it to be freshwater proof. This will be my first detector and Im looking in the $500-$1000 for my budget. I know you cant have the best of both worlds treasure/coin hunt and super nugget shooter I am looking for the one that does both pretty good. Any advice on what I need to research would be mighty helpful. Thanks

Upvote 0

jffbrk

Aug 26, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the AT Pro and it is waterproof to 10 feet. They just came out with the Garrett AT Gold which is alike, but it has its frequency set a few notches higher for the gold. The fact that it is water proof allows me to keep hunting in the rain, and if you drop it in the water, you are ok...... This would be a gold specific detector that could also be used for beach or coins if you wanted to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread