New to using Titan 3000XD

O

oxfordbrent

I got a Titan 3000XD for Christmas. I had a metal detector as a kid and am now getting back into it. I live on a farm and have noticed there is a lot of rusted iron farming junk in the ground and that it is hard to know if it could be silver right next to some piece of iron or if it's just iron because it rings up like it's silver with the high beep and then low tones like its iron at some angles. Can anyone with the same kind of metal detector help give techniques for distinguishing? I know size is one indicator, but some areas are so loaded with junk it's hard to distinguish.

Upvote 0
I

imograss

From my short experience with the Titan 3000 (since Oct. 2004)most? of the time when you get a different signal it is trash. If you question it dig it, but in my case it is usually trash. It is a nice detector and I have found lots of clad and 3 silvers with it. The pinpointing is dead on. This is only 2 of the three silvers. 1941 Merc. 1964 Rosie, 1964 quarter and this lead soldier.

Attachments

• First silver.jpg
    First silver.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
O

oxfordbrent

Thanks for responding. In the little time I've been able to use it so far, I have found that it identifies coins very well. The one item I was most sure of so far was a wheatie I found behind my grandpa's barn. The most interesting find I've had so far was a skeleton key next to what was my great grandmother's house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread