return from thing trip

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Steve P here- Im back from my thing trip,had a lot of luck-heres my list- its lengthy-63 modern cents-3-modern nickles-14 modern dimes,30 wheat cents,2 old canadian cents,5 old nickles1940-1960,6 mercury dimes2-1941,2-1942,1-1944,1-1945-2-Walking Liberty Halves 1941,1942-1 silver spoon(in neck deep water), 12-rings-1-gold,3-silver,8-junk rings,2-pendants-1-silver,1-gold-1-bracelet(cheap)-1-necklace(cheap),1-old watch in pieces, 1-lipstick case,1-old 7-up bottle,green,7-oz.,and the strangest thing I found was a 2001 Kentucky State issue quarter that has swelling on each side,like something is inside.(sorry, no pictures on any of the above.) One more thing, while I was driving to and from the location of my th,ing here in Michigan,I noticed 90+percent of the drivers on the freeways ignoring the speed zones on these roads. It is surprising to see people ignoring these speed zones; those construction workers dont want to get hit by some nit-wit speeding, any more than the rest of us does!!! Happy Hunting!!

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice trip!

What sort of terrain were you detecting and what area? Sounds like a great trip! Would like to see that Ky. Qrtr.

We have ongoing construction here in Il. that makes some people get crazy at any hint of open road. We have lost a couple of the girls who hold the "slow" signs this summer due to DUI and impatient driving.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's quite a list! Lots of silver, and gold, too!

Your swollen quarter was probably heated in a fire or with a torch, and thrown into the water. I've heard that people sometimes do this, and it results in trapped gasses in the clad metal expanding it like a balloon. I've never seen one, though.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
EF-40 (For Mercury Dimes)

"Diagonal bands show only slight wear. Braids and hair before ear show clearly."

The Red Book RULES!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Thanks for the info guys-what about that guy that says he can find treasure here in Michigan By dowsing? I would like to get in on that, all right!!! As for the construction zones,they are double the fines here in Mich.too,I dont think it would matter if they were quadrupled; they would still ignore them!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread