Minelab E-Trac or Whites V3i

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab E-Trac or White's V3i

I am getting ready to purchase another detector and have been looking at the E-Trac and the V3i.
I am curious to find out from those that own or have owned both units, which they prefer and why. I know that 80% is knowledge of your machine, 10% is technique and 10% is the machine.

As a detectorist, I do not hunt any specific items such as coins, jewelry, relics etc. but I would like a machine that I can input specified programs tailored to my detecting needs and these two seem to fit the bill.

This is not to bash one machine or the other. I would just like some opinions.

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered how you did so much MDing AND lurking on this site!

Keep me posted on the comparison, I am very interested in that. Probably deserves it's own thread, instead of us hijacking this one!

Lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same machine at the end of the day. Coil settings your ears.

Etrac simple
V3i more capable but more options than necessary

My opinion. .

No far from the same machine both excell in different áreas its good to have options I mean isnt that what makes an upgrade the next model has more options then the next whites just put in just about everything they could think of at once

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the V3i, but not the etrac, so I can only attest to the V, Its definitely on the advanced learning side. You do have programs for turn on and go performance that are top notch. I have had mine for 4 months now and still don't feel like I have mastered it, but I am making my own programs now and having good success with them. It can search in many different modes also, depending on what you like. I have found coins down to 10 inches and small trash as deep as 15 inches in moist soil. I have air tested quarters and half dollars put to around 14-15 inches, for whatever that's worth.

Also like someone else stated, instead of an etrac go for the ctx 3030! Tell me how you like that! If I can ever find enuf $ I will try and snag one of the 3030's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread