adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to hear some good tennessee hunting stories

Hi folks. My wife and I are being offered an incredible oppertunity to move from my wonderful old new england town to tennessee. Shelby county I believe. Have work lined up and a house on 117 acres. Im excited as much as I am scared. Dont know anyone in that part of the world(wife knows a few). I would really like to hear some tennessee MDing stories, good or bad. I think it would help with the hobby anxiety im feeling.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi folks. My wife and I are being offered an incredible oppertunity to move from my wonderful old new england town to tennessee. Shelby county I believe. Have work lined up and a house on 117 acres. Im excited as much as I am scared. Dont know anyone in that part of the world(wife knows a few). I would really like to hear some tennessee MDing stories, good or bad. I think it would help with the hobby anxiety im feeling.
.......... Sometimes you are better off not knowing any body.............

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi adaminnh, I live near Shelby Co, TN, used to live in it years ago. I'm originally from PA. Most my MD'ing is on the beach or in the water...not here of course....I go to FL or PR a lot so I do my detecting there. If you make it to TN drop me a line.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......... Sometimes you are better off not knowing any body.............

Welcome to Tennessee sir. I think you will find it a pleasant place to live. The people are polite and kind. You will enjoy your acreage and privacy. The hunting is great. You will have an opportunity to hunt civil war relics and make new friends. I think you will like it. I do not know anyone that has ever retired and moved north,haha
Best wishes in your new adventure.
TnMtns

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should be plenty of detecting in Memphis area...welcome to Tennessee..If you ever get near the Smokey Mtns.....give me a shout

bobup

Jul 28, 2012
California ( Northern)
Detector(s) used
Whites MX7, Tesoro Bandido II umax, Diablo umax, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My parents moved to Collierville in 1990 after my dad retired. Friends of theirs already lived there. Beautiful area if I could convince my wife to move away from her parents here in Ca....that is an area I would have on my list of places to move to.
Good luck to you and yours
Bob

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still on the Eastern side of he U.S. so it will have much older finds. There should be some Civil War Activity to detect. Then again you will be staying at a place that has 117 Acres of ground attached to it so you might want to start learning to detect with either arm. Were I you one of the places I would visit first would be the local records office in an attempt to learn about the history of the 117 acres of ground you personally have at your disposal. Also you might want to locate the closest Metal Detecting Club to learn about the local going on's. Then again there is "The Hunting" to be considered that is if you are inclined to consume wild game. Squirrel, rabbit, turkey, deer, bear, rattlesnake and some type of game birds are all likely to be available and then there's the fishing. On 117 acres of ground you could start your own small garden and have real vegetables for a change!! I would hazard a guess that you've possibly never eaten a real tomato, ohh to die for! A Burpee Beef Stake tomato ripe off the vine, taken into the kitchen, washed and dried, sliced into thick slices, two slices of bread with mayo, salt and pepper to taste, sliced tomato placed on one piece of bread, apply second slice of bread, give thanks and enjoy! Then you will still have the four seasons to enjoy and you should be able to make an entire Family of Snow People and have them last all winter long. And if you get bored you and your wife could go into town for a burger.

My best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful life in Tennessee!.......63bkpkr

OP
OP
adaminnh

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. I guess the good thing about our hobby is you can basicly do it anywhere and find neat stuff. January third is day of departure. Somerville tennessee here we come! I'll miss new england terribly but so excited about getting back to the south. I grew up in irvington/bayou la batre alabama area. Yeah, where forest gump shrimped. Real place-fake gump. Is there red clay there? Hate that #@%#!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread