cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any jewelry mode should work fine.

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any jewelry setting is fine. In the meantime can he go to Walmart and buy a cheap version of his ring to hold him over?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
CCHunter,
I found a tungsten wedding ring for a newlywed (less than 6 months) at one of the Los Angeles beaches last spring.
It was a man's ring (a little larger than the ladies). I was using my Infinium with the discriminate all the way off. I got
a relay loud signal, I was surprised how loud it hit. Discrimination on the Infinium is two tone and I just can't remember
if it was a high conductor like silver or a low conductor like gold, but i believe any setting with the discriminate turned
down should do the trick. Listen for the strong signal.
Good luck,
Rich

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys. We're going to see if we can find it tomorrow. We might have to wait till the snow is gone. More like holding his wife over, she said she felt like throwing up!! Lol

hbgdisp

Aug 18, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Just run it in pro mode zero

ForumRunner_20130102_212347.png

no discrimination. I often forget to take my tungsten carbon wedding band of while detecting it will sound loud in clear. Should have no problem finding it my air tested around 75. Good luck I hope he finds it.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lost my gold ring 6 moths ago at clients house. Told wife she then went and got me a tungsten one. Now that I got my detector, hopefully I'll find it. Be a nice way to start 2013. Lol

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Good luck Garret in finding your gold ring. With either gold or tungsten you are going to want to use minimal
or no discrimination.
Rich

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too am interested in how the tungsten will ring will come up. I am going to look for a guy's lost ring - tungsten carbide - on Friday. He lost his while using his snowblower so my search area may be pretty big. I ask him if he checked his glove, but said he wasn't wearing any. Maybe I need to find some gloves for him too. Weather is cooperating, snow should be mostly melted and above freezing by midday. Cindy

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found one for a gentlemen about a month ago using my AT Pro. It will ring up in the pulltab range, just like most gold, came in at 54 on mine, but I didn't really ground balance my machine, so don't go by that. Just notch out iron and listen for a LOUD midtone. Remember, it's not buried. It was just lost so it should ring up loud and clear.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one for a gentlemen about a month ago using my AT Pro. It will ring up in the pulltab range, just like most gold, came in at 54 on mine, but I didn't really ground balance my machine, so don't go by that. Just notch out iron and listen for a LOUD midtone. Remember, it's not buried. It was just lost so it should ring up loud and clear.
What Dwight said.

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did find the tungsten carbide ring I was looking for. It did come in at a mid range LOUD tone and was nestled in a bunch of leaves under a small juniper tree. The guy lost it while snow blowing his driveway. The ring was two feet behind a 2 foot wall. The inlaws were at the house and we shared a happy time celebrating the good fortune and by taking this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 230

hbgdisp

Aug 18, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the find. How did the ring hold up? Did it actually go through the snowblower? The metal seems indestructible I have mine for 4 years and it doesn't have a scratch. I rubbed it across concrete and not a mark.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the find.

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the find. How did the ring hold up? Did it actually go through the snowblower? The metal seems indestructible I have mine for 4 years and it doesn't have a scratch. I rubbed it across concrete and not a mark.
It's unknown if it went through the snowblower, but it didn't have a scratch on it. It could have bounced off the brick wall. The guy bought the ring a big large since it almost impossible to resize tungsten, since he thought over time he would probably gain weight. I'm glad he feels he will be married a long time. Losing a wedding ring, puts a focus on being married-maybe a good thing. Cindy

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seychik said:
CChunter, did you have a chance to look for the lost ring yet? Cindy

No luck the other day. Going out again today to look. Thing is he plows a lot of drive ways and a couple parking lots. It could be any where!!

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA, I know how the guy feels, Lost my white gold wedding band at my cowboyshooting range. The ground is saturated with lead, and all I had was my GMT, but I did apease the wife and look, alas it sits there today, lost for all time.

Good luck with the hunt.

Scott

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Seems like we have a small group who have found tungsten rings. Hope we are able to find and return all
the wedding rings. And yes they do ring up loud!
Rich

OP
OP
cchunter

cchunter

Feb 28, 2009
Brewster, Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for a couple hours on Sunday with no luck. I let him borrow my ace 250 to keep looking. I did find .31 cent and one 1942 D wheat so it wasn't a complete loss for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions