going to gulf shores

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
just got back from 5 1/2 months of restoration work in alabama and florida.the area of gulf shores from pensacola to way past gulf shores was literally demolished. in spots from perdido key through gulf shores beach replenishment programs have deposited several feet of strained sand on the beach. where they haven't done this there is so much trash and debris as to make your undertaking a living %&#*!!!!!!!!!! needless to say there is definantly any kind of treasure imaginable there as most houses are gone or have at least been severly damaged. only problem is homeowners are looking at this as looting as everything most of them own was washed into the landscape.several places have signs saying looters will be shot, and after seeing what i saw there i am compelled to be a believer. portions of this area are still under police curfew, other parts you can not go even if you own property there. my advice if anyone cares is to be extremley careful. this was still the case last week when i left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread