Another Nube..

CptJbud

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
North Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

Been surfing for a while in the gold prospecting forums. I'm now here because I was recently given an older Garrett GTA350 and am anxious to use it. Seems on the simpler side of others I've seen and have played around with it a bit. I'm in Tallahassee, FL and am having trouble trying to dig up local regulations on MDing. I know FL State Parks are off limits except with written permission or on beaches between the waterline and dunes.. Was trying to find laws for the city parks and trails but can't find any. Waiting on return emails from parks and recreation on that question. I know everything around here is probably prohibited as far as relics are concerned, but I was just hoping to get out and find some coins. What about public schools after hours/weekends? Any other public grounds I might consider?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if you're going to ask for permission, you're going to get a no answer. Asking to do something indicates, to the powers that be, that permission is needed. All kinds of alarm bells can go off if you start down that road. It's better to keep those in power ignorant of what you are doing. If you can't find any prohibition on metal detecting by looking though the municipal code, I'd just hunt it. If you leave no trace of you being there, no harm, no foul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread