Be Still My Heart

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd been searching for a while and found 62 cents in current stuff. I was walking back to the truck and still sweeping as I walked. I got a hit that surprised me, but sounded different. I scraped a little top soil aside and there were three things I saw. I saw gold. I saw the face of Liberty and I saw 1$. For about three seconds I was trying to get me heart started again and then I pulled the coin out and saw it was one of those gold colored Washington Dollars from a few years ago. It was a momentary thrill. But, it's still a buck.

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yes. Gold!coin. Ah well,some coins we are to early finding ,some to late. Good luck,they are out there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It gets better and sometimes worse but it is all in the hunt. Good luck and keep the faith :thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your experience is a bit like one I had many years ago. I too found a shallow "gold" looking coin that also read as gold on my machine. It turned out to be the foil cover for those gold coin chocolates you could buy. Rats.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread