**Beach detecting**

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Idk if its just a bad time to beach hunt but here lately all I've been finding coins , mostly clad quarters ...this same beach produced 2 silver chains and a diamond earring . There's quite a bit of Erosion and I'm thinking that has something to do with it . Any suggestions ??

Follow the discussions in the Beach and Shallow Water Hunting forum,
not this one. People there talk about storms and beach erosion
all the time.

It would help if you mention what geographic area you are
hunting. You don't have to be specific, but at least say
something like "Eastern Florida" or "Northern California" or
"New England" or whatever. And maybe also say what kind
of detector you are using.

Just my humble suggestions.

--Tom

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most beach hunters will say that the only bad day is the day you didn't go. So much depends on conditions at any particular beach that there is no real way to answer that question. I've hunted beaches that had no targets one day and 1000's of targets the next. The key is to be able to read the beach and figure out where there might be a trough, hole, shelf or other area where the good stuff might be deposited.

k3travel

Aug 25, 2012
wilmingto nc
Detector(s) used
whites coin master
Yea these beaches are a lil scarce of anything but clad and junk this time of year. But keep at it the day ya don't go is the day you won't find anything but someone else might lol I'm heading out to JMP Tomarrow if ya wanna meet up.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eastern North Carolina !

Fish. During the '90s I hunted the areas around Duck to Corolla along the beach. The sand "goes out" for the winter, leaving you about 14 feet further down! The rocks and coral are exposed up there this time of year. I found 4 rings one day! You will also find the old pier pilings are exposed further south. I have found coins from the '30s around those pilings. Very difficult, though, because of trash and iron nails in the pilings. Know where you are as You cannot hunt the Natl Seashore down by Nag's Head. Go get some! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread