What would be a more capable detector than the MXT Pro for the sites I hunt ?

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting with my MXT Pro for about 4 months and I am hooked .
I have learned a lot about the machine and am still learning . I recently bought the 5.3 Eclipse coil and I love it . As with any hobby I have ever had , I am always thinking about future upgrades . I am not planning on switching machines any time soon but would like to hear what everyone thinks.
What detector would be better suited to my style/area ? I know the MXT Pro is a very capable detector .

I hunt a lot of iron infested old homesites which some have been inhabited since the late 1800's with folks still living in the house which equals a lot of " stuff " in the ground . I also hunt old school and churches . Mineralization is generally low to medium . I mainly search for coins with a little relic hunting on the side. I am willing to learn a complicated machine , and a waterproof
detector is not a requirement .

Curious to hear what you have to say.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think you have one of the best detectors for your purposes. I too have an MXT Pro, and love the 5.3 coil. I use it most all the time. Asking others on a forum what is better will get you a hundred responses, all geared at getting you
to like their detectors. Nothing wrong with that, but think twice about spending more....the MXT Pro is a damn good machine. JMO.

DS
www.StoutStandards.com

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stop looking!

I went through the same last year. I bought 2 other detectors that are suppose to be "better". One Whites Spectra V Series, one Minelab E-Trac. Sure they may have more features but either has shown (to me) to be "better" than the MXTP.
By better I mean neither could show superior depth to the MXTP and neither has any better discrimination by tone or by VDI than the MXTP.
It really is a great machine. You aren't being out gunned!
Try it with a D2 coil. It changes the whole attitude of the machine. Truly a great combo!

DirtAngler

Jun 18, 2011
SE Pa
Detector(s) used
MX5, M6, GPP, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can handle the chattiness of a F75, maybe it would be good to try because of how quick they are on recovery. Another one would be the XP Deus. These 2 are two of the fastest recovery machines out there. I'm sure there are others but not that I have tried so I can't suggest them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread