So excited I wont be able to sleep until Saturday!

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So excited I won't be able to sleep until Saturday!

Just locked in my spot to join a hunt Saturday morning in DeValls Bluff Arkansas on 320 acres of union army campground where they supposedly camped the duration of the war. The best part, it's all virgin ground never exposed to a relic hunter or metal detector. The spot is supposed to be right on the White river where union forces loaded and unloaded ships during the conflict. From what I understand it was also used after the war by the Calvary for many years as a camp. It's going to be a three day hunt so I expect to finally get some sleep sometime Tuesday.lol.

Upvote 0

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that's awesome, I wouldn't be able to sleep either lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What makes you think it's never been hunted before ? I sometimes hear that from landowners in my area, yet I know for a fact sites have been hunted before (since I've hunted here for 35 yrs.). So when i travel around, & hear someone say that about a place , I often don't take much stock in it (unless. the place is a secret to every single history book ). People who are not into this hobby oftentimes simply don't know .

thewatchers

Jan 31, 2010
Couch, M0
Detector(s) used
SharpShooter2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good. So just draw me the map so I know where to meet you for the hunt... lol

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfinder99, It doesn't matter whether it's been hunted before or not, I'm excited for ya. Everybody knows that if you didn't hunt a place cause you heard it's been hunted to death, many of us would find it hard to find a place to hunt. I know for fact the places I've hunted in the last 12 mo. have all been hunted before. They just missed over $50 in clad, a few dollars in silver and a couple rings. All from parks and other community gathering spots. You have a dream hunt coming up. don't let anyone discourage you.

OP
OP
S

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfinder99, It doesn't matter whether it's been hunted before or not, I'm excited for ya. Everybody knows that if you didn't hunt a place cause you heard it's been hunted to death, many of us would find it hard to find a place to hunt. I know for fact the places I've hunted in the last 12 mo. have all been hunted before. They just missed over $50 in clad, a few dollars in silver and a couple rings. All from parks and other community gathering spots. You have a dream hunt coming up. don't let anyone discourage you.
Thanks Hunter
I've been doing this long enough to know not to count my chickens but just getting to swing the coil all weekend makes me happy enough. @Tom in CA, no one ever knows for sure whether something's been hunted or not. I've personally hunted dozens of spots that were supposedly virgin ground that should have surely turned up some nice finds just to come home empty handed. One thing I do know for sure is, this place IS exactly where the union camp set and no matter if its been hunted or not, for an area as large as 320 acres, they didn't get it all. I've gridded off some large areas and hunted them, but to grid off an area that size, I doubt that's ever happened.

OP
OP
S

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...........hate to say it, but I have nothing to report. This place turned out to be a total bust:(
Over sixty detectorist showed up, spread out all over this place and three, three ringers was all that was found. (To my knowledge)
Left around lunch time and went and dug clad in a local park.
Highlight of my day, one wheat cent.
Hope everyone else's day was more productive.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's a bummer. 3 3-ringers says that maybe, just maybe the historical record is wrong and the camp was somewhere else nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread