JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Not much water to detect in. Ive heard lots of great stuff about the mxt. I believe that's the way I should go to start with. And the later pick up an AT. I need to get my son one to start with also so I figure I could end up with both anyway. Just wanted some input on which would be better for my area hunting fields woods and occasional old home site.

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
A bunch of forums ive read and some of my buddies say to get a 1266. Well I found one, $250, and am considering buying it tomorrow also, depending on condition and only after it is proven to work. Would this be a good purchase?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's your price range then there is that one and the ace 250... I think its best to l start with price... that tells everyone real quick what will be the best detector for the money you want to spend.

Chukers

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
That's not my limit on the price range. Its just they don't make those anymore and everyone says they are the best relic detectors and if you ever find one buy it. I was gonna limit myself on a new one to around 900. I hear the mxt pro is the best in that range and the AT is best in the around 600 range. Later I will want to step up to the blisstool but a little out of my range right now and we dont have any dealers around here.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not my limit on the price range. Its just they don't make those anymore and everyone says they are the best relic detectors and if you ever find one buy it. I was gonna limit myself on a new one to around 900. I hear the mxt pro is the best in that range and the AT is best in the around 600 range. Later I will want to step up to the blisstool but a little out of my range right now and we dont have any dealers around here.

I too looked at the MXT but there wasn't enough configuration for me... The DFX is like the MXT but way more configurable

I either go with the AT Pro or the DFX... you can find a good used DFX for the price of a MXT if that is what you want to spend.

of course there are other detectors and brands but those are the ones I know about.

Chukers

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its just they don't make those anymore and everyone says they are the best relic detectors and if you ever find one buy it.

Who doesn't make what anymore? I'm a bit confused.

As for the MXT Pro...Great machine. I didn't really realize how good it was until I bought "better" detectors. The MXT Pro is really quite an impressive tector!

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
For now I have settled on the AT Pro. It was a lot cheaper and had many more accessories to come with- thank you Kellyco- so it should be here Wednesday or Thursday and I am so excited. I may order my four year old a Garrett Ace 150 or 250 just to let him get out there with me some.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good choice!

OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks
I ordered the At Pro Friday. It was a hard decision between it and the Mxt Pro. I will eventually end up with the Blisstool. If it lives up to the hype I'll prob be buying it before summer (maybe), I didn't quite have the money for it right now but wanted to get started so I ordered the At pro. I know it will be a great machine also and can't wait to get it. Already have a couple of old house places lined up to hunt and quite possibly some good land (40 acres) along a CW route that supposedly has never been hunted. Wish me luck yall still trying to get permission, I work with his brother so I hope I got a foot in the door already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions