cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will depend on the detector and the mineralization of the ground

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed! It seems that way to me too!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I prefer to hunt after a soaking rain. I think my detector picks up more and goes deeper. I have no proof thats just my expearience.
One thing for sure..... digging is easier!!!

I like to think that to.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer moist ground a day or two after a good rain. But, you can get too much of a good thing. Mud! It sticks to your digging tools, shoes or boots, you get the picture. I do not suggest digging someone's yard until it drys out (too hard to repair the lawn).No, I would say a soaking rain shuts me down for a day or two. H Digs :)

OP
OP
T

terribob

Greenie
Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you all for your opinions....it is easier digging for sure....I did some yesterday and it definitely sticks to the tool...maybe a teflon coated digging tool?...lol......found a lot of junk....this is an old place we live on so I get a lot of the old bottle caps(screw on) that were made of a good metal back in the day...I'm guessing aluminum.....I also found that my detector kinda goes a little crazy on the wet ground...right now I'm using a 4" coil....the old back ain't what it used to be, so I tend to be out there for only an hour or so.....the knees too....lol....it's still exciting when it goes off with a signal....thanks again

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is good for greater depth but I've noticed better target seperation in dry ground.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer to hunt after a soaking rain. I think my detector picks up more and goes deeper. I have no proof thats just my expearience.
One thing for sure..... digging is easier!!!
Go down to a salt water beach with a VLF detector and you'll find just the opposite. In dry sand it will work great......add some water and it will false like crazy and lose depth. I've had other highly mineralized ground do the same thing with some detectors.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terribob said:
Thanks to you all for your opinions....it is easier digging for sure....I did some yesterday and it definitely sticks to the tool...maybe a teflon coated digging tool?...lol......found a lot of junk....this is an old place we live on so I get a lot of the old bottle caps(screw on) that were made of a good metal back in the day...I'm guessing aluminum.....I also found that my detector kinda goes a little crazy on the wet ground...right now I'm using a 4" coil....the old back ain't what it used to be, so I tend to be out there for only an hour or so.....the knees too....lol....it's still exciting when it goes off with a signal....thanks again

Sounds like you need some more equipment. I have the same problems that you do. But now, no more kneeling or backache. Here's what I use: Lesche Sampson Pro Series Shovel T Handle $59.95. No more kneeling! Sims LimbSaver Metal Detector Sling $29.95. No more back ache!
Hope this helps. H Digs :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Damp soil enhances the signal propagation. You can go deeper and pick up better, but this goes for both good and bad targets. ... Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Wet is good for conductivity- so it's good for detecting!
Only drawback I've seen is on well fertilized ground. You get a little noise if it's had the fertilizer piled to it over many years and in some spots- if it's wet- just too much and not worth hunting till it dries up a bit.
PEACE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions