Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. Recently purchased an E-Trac and I haven't had an oppurtunity to use it yet because of the weather. But it's due to hit in the low 50's on Thurs and I happen to be off that day so you know what I'll be doing! However, I generally have only hunted in the little community of Bellevue(with my old Treasure Ace 300) and have only ventured out to Omaha on a few occasions(Hanscom, Miller, & Hummel park). I've done some research and know that as far as park hunting is concerned, Omaha is where to go(especially North O) for the old ones. Now if your from around the area and are willing to give up any honey holes which are currently producing or have for you in recent past or are in search of a hunting partner than please leave a post. I know you should never say that a park has been hunted out but there are, I'm sure many avid detectorists and groups that have cleaned up these parks pretty thoroughly over the years and with time and days off being short, I'd like to hunt a spot that actually still holds some old coins for my new E-Trac to sniff out. Thanks and HH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be worth going over the bridge to Council Bluffs, Lake Manawa had a swimming beach that was active back to at least the early 70's maybe even before that. I lived there a few years in 1973 to 76. I think it was at the north end of the lake if I remember correctly. I also recall a toll bridge between south Omaha and Iowa it may be worth a look if you can detect under that bridge on both sides. That bridge went back many years. There as also a drive-in movie place just north of lake Manawa. If you have any luck let us know.

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may be worth going over the bridge to Council Bluffs, Lake Manawa had a swimming beach that was active back to at least the early 70's maybe even before that. I lived there a few years in 1973 to 76. I think it was at the north end of the lake if I remember correctly. I also recall a toll bridge between south Omaha and Iowa it may be worth a look if you can detect under that bridge on both sides. That bridge went back many years. There as also a drive-in movie place just north of lake Manawa. If you have any luck let us know.

Beaches/Swimming holes are areas of interest for me as well but there seems to be few areas to hunt around here. I'd hunt along the Missouri river too but I heard somewhere that it's illegal to do so. I'll definately check out lake Manawa, I'd never thought of going there but I also didn't know anyone swam there. I'll post the results of my first hunt with the E-Trac on Thurs. Thanks for the response and info and HH.

Six2woody

Greenie
May 12, 2012
iowa
Detector(s) used
whites..... MXT PRO V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullhead Just live down the road from you in small Iowa town. I've only hunted in C.B. a couple of times. Fairly new to the game but love to MD. Am always looking for new place to go and someone to go with. I only work three day a week, so I get lots of time to go. My younger brother is just to busy to go with me. If you like my be we could hunt togeather some time

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bullhead Just live down the road from you in small Iowa town. I've only hunted in C.B. a couple of times. Fairly new to the game but love to MD. Am always looking for new place to go and someone to go with. I only work three day a week, so I get lots of time to go. My younger brother is just to busy to go with me. If you like my be we could hunt togeather some time

Definately. My schedule is the exact opposite of yours. Im AF so I'm on a rotating shift with two days off a week. I try to go hunting at least once a week on one of my days off. Hit me up anytime you want to hunt. I'll be out hunting Thursday, weather permitting.

NoDakDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2011
live in omaha also, hit me up if interested in going out. check out mhdc-ne.org local detecting club

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
live in omaha also, hit me up if interested in going out. check out mhdc-ne.org local detecting club

I know of Mhdc . They only meet up once a month as far as I know which is hard to make with my rotating work schedule. I'm down to hunt sometime schedules permitting.

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there's such a thing as a hunted out park. Anywhere people frequently congregate there will be loot in the ground. Just give the parks a chance to show you what they have waiting for you. And good luck!

NoDakDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2011
I agree, I have an etrac also. Hunted many parks that have been hunted over and over again, still finding good stuff.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in northeast Ne and haven't really been back for 20 years. Look forward to moving back in a few years and looking you guys up.

Cory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread