bad knees

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're a must-have for what we do. I only put my right knee down to dig so I only use one. My favorite is the roller blade brand knee pads the skaters use, very comfortable. Good Luck.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My knees have been shot for 30 years or more, and have both been operated on a couple of times. The best knee pads I've used are the gel filled pads I found at Lowe's.

Bill

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't kneel down anymore. I dig with the Lesche T handle shovel and use a sling to hold my detector. I actually find it easier and quicker than before. I turn the sod and get the target out of the hole using the metal detector and shovel (the sling means I don't need to put the detector down). Once the target is out of the hole I use a pin pointer to isolate it from the dirt. I can refill the hole with me feet as well as I could on my knees. It took a little practice and equipment adjustments but, I wish I had started doing this years ago! Hope this helps. H Digs :)

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't kneel down anymore either. Too blasted old. HOWEVER, if you go to the BEACH and use a LONG sand scoop, you never have to bend down.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I get my Wife to dig ,I tell Her it could be a BIG Diamond Ring,She has it dug in no time flat.:laughing7: GodBless Chris

Last edited:

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use sears craftsman construction knee pads, I have used them for years, they work great. . . . the ole knees jsut ain't what they use to be. . . .

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Knees Used to hurt all the time!!! Once Red started detecting With Me they Stopped Hurting??? HH Chug

ClassicRS

Mar 11, 2013
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking into getting a pair of pants from 5.11 Tactical. Most of their pants have removable knee pads already built in. Plus they are durable as all get out and have plenty of pockets.

I'm 47 and my left knee is all jacked up from the job I do....but when I detect I think back to the person who got me interested over 35 years ago. I can't remember his name but I saw him MD-ing the school just a blcck from my house. He was on the ground digging. I went up to ask him about detecting and realized he had no legs....lost them in VN. He would pull himself along the ground as he detected.

That's what got me started....and this many years later I still love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread