Tried my new AT Pro today and loved it!!!

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my new AT Pro out today and was amazed at what all it did. It discriminated very well, and went DEEP... I was shocked at how deep it went. Found a wheat penny; an old stone chisel used by the WPA; an old spoon; and several other odds and ends. The only issue I had was my buddy came with me and he has the AT Pro as well. When we were fifteen/twenty feet from each other, they would go crazy! We tried to ground balance them but it didnt help much. But it was no big deal. I see why there are so many great reviews on this machine!

Upvote 0

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
I took my new AT Pro out today and was amazed at what all it did. It discriminated very well, and went DEEP... I was shocked at how deep it went. Found a wheat penny; an old stone chisel used by the WPA; an old spoon; and several other odds and ends. The only issue I had was my buddy came with me and he has the AT Pro as well. When we were fifteen/twenty feet from each other, they would go crazy! We tried to ground balance them but it didnt help much. But it was no big deal. I see why there are so many great reviews on this machine!
You can change the frequency on the at pro when hunting with someone else press the pinpoint button hold it in and use the sensitivity button to change it

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks oakhunter. I had forgot about changing the sensitivity. I love it so far. I detected from about 10-5 today and am wore out. I hated putting it down.

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
Thanks oakhunter. I had forgot about changing the sensitivity. I love it so far. I detected from about 10-5 today and am wore out. I hated putting it down.

Not the sensitivity is is a frequency change it runs on 4 different frequencies

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again oakhunter. We detect alot together, so we need to get it figured out. So as long as one of us changes frequencies it should be good? Will the frequency change affect the effectiveness of the machine?

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
Thanks again oakhunter. We detect alot together, so we need to get it figured out. So as long as one of us changes frequencies it should be good? Will the frequency change affect the effectiveness of the machine?

No it's too small the frequency change you still won't be able to hunt side by side but your detector won't go haywire

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett put out some new training videos for that AT Pro that are much easier to understand and offer a BUNCH more information than their originals. If you haven't watched the new ones, check them out, they're great!

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try changing the frequency the at pro has 3 different settings so that you can get almost on top of another detector and not pick up any interference. Got my at pro for Xmas and love it excellent purchase enjoy!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my AT Pro today! Have watched all the videos on Garrett's website and found them to be very helpful! Can't wait to get off work today, I'm tempted to call in sick!!!!

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice EC-Mason

you're going to love the AT Pro

HH and good luck with your finds ;-)

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information on the videos. I had watched a couple on Garrett the other day, but I will make sure and watch the new ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread