Illinikid

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an Ace 250 for christmas. I've never metal detected before in my life but was excited to try it out. I've never posted on here but have been reading for quite a while. Took the 250 out to a local park, after finding several bottlescap, I ended up finding 17 cents. Needless to say I'm hooked! Had a blast hunting. I did have quite a few ghost signals, more than likely its just because I'm new and really bad at pinpointing. I don't have my own pinpointer yet, I was just using the one on the 250. Going to a different park tomorrow, can't wait!

Upvote 0

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. :) You have about the best starter machine out there. hell, a lot of people use them their whole lives.

And yeah,that is very common (ghost signals) I had that problem til i got a pinpointer.
And that is a LOT more than I found my first few hunts.

Happy Hunting!

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seventeen cents on your first day out,You have the fire about ya,Keep with it man an before long you will be up there on the banner,Best of luck to you on your future hunts,Welcome to T Net!!!

HH John

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kid's first day out:

She went 15 feet and found an Indian penny.

Go figure. (and no, I didn't plant it)

OP
OP
Illinikid

Illinikid

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow thats awesome, I didn't find anything old. All modern day stuff unfortunately. Its a blast nevertheless!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread