Historic Homes to be moved-INDIANA

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Check this link from the Indy Star....Seems 2 historic homes are going to be moved to make way for a parking lot. Might be great opportunity for some of us to get together and hunt the property...probably get permission if we gave up the finds to the museum they are creating..just a thought.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/210746-6578-014.html

Dave

Upvote 0

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
You better jump on that one. Do not offer up your finds right away. If it's cold start with some coffee to the workers, that usually will warm them up. Sodas work in the summer. If it doesn't work out you'll still make friends. They might tell you of other projects, plus you usually will be welcomed at their sites. A little good will goes along way. Considering some of my finds, I've come out way ahead.

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Pete..
Thanks for the input..but they are expecting several thousand people to turn out for the move..even setting up consessions.

Probably have to wait till the move is over.

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I'm in Wisconsin, this has worked for me here. The workers for projects get to know you well. And they even tell me where they are going to next. There is one thing that has happened though, sometimes the greatest looking spots never have anything in them. But you say they are putting in a parking lot. Then they well be shaving the ground down to relevel it to start what is going in next. Thats when to be the first one there.

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I think you are right about that...since the are actually moving the houses and not demolishing them the foundation areas might also be good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread