Who Lives In NJ?

piratepete

Jan 18, 2005
I'm a resident of thegarden state, and it seems that not many people here are from NJ. Just wondering, cause it would be nice to know if ne1 ever found nething here. I live in North Brunswick right by Farrington Lake, which is surrounded by old fields and woods. I just started MD'ing, so I havent gotten to them all (well i only got to one and all i found were recent coins and a few pieces of jewlery, and only one necklace was real). I also went across the highway, which used to be part of the lake. There, in the woods, there was a big crabapple tree with a bunch of clearing around it. I got tons of pieces of weird shaped iron, but there was too much total, so i left. I'm thinkin of going back though. Oh, and just if anybody was wondering, i have permission to MD around my town.

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
piratepete--I live in NY, probably an hour and a half or so from you. I have done some research on NJ locations. There was an old amusement park at Lake Hapatcong on an island called Bertrand Island, but it's being developed now into housing, or has already. Not sure how much original property is there and accessible. Here are some old photos, but I know it doesn't look like this any longer. Might be worth trying to search some of the area if you can get permission. I'd say along the shoreline where it would be least likely to have changed much. They used to have swimming areas. Good luck!
http://www.ci.mount-arlington.nj.us/bisland.htm

WolfmoonX

Dec 4, 2004
New Jersey
Jersey here. Ocean Gate to be exact, right across the bay from Seaside. The snow storm slowed the shipping of my XLT. :( There are tons of places to go MDing around. I work in Plumstead "New Egypt" . That place goes way back. This spring I plan on finding some things there. What kind of detector do you run piratepete?

WolfmoonX

Dec 4, 2004
New Jersey
pete.....
You have to start somewhere. Take some advice that I hear alot. Dont get discouraged if youre not finding much. It takes time to know a machine. Upgrading when ready. Laters....wolf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread