FISHER F4 VS VALERO

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I'M. Concerning these two detectors . New to MD , about one month. Had the ace 150 and returned . Now have the delta 4000 . While it is better you still dig to much junk. So I'm thinking between these two . The only audio one looks good because since the visual display to me appears to be wrong about 90 % of the time . But the fisher looks good also . Now granted it could be my fault . I live in NC with red clay. I need to make afinal decision on one detector . Lol I don't think amazon likes me returning items all the time . Also I'm.uneployed right now so funds are limited . If not I would spend the sky . Thanks for any info .

Upvote 0

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Display machines can be frustrating because with even the highest range of notches or VDI numbers...well there are tons more trash than good stuff. Of course some of those items that don't fit a nice category turn out to be cool keepers...though not necessarily gold or silver. But if you want to find gold, you pretty much have to dig it all. Plus that junk can be hiding another good target.

Personally I love Tesoros. The lack of display is not a disadvantage. Once you learn the machine you'll be amazed at how much you'll know just by the sound.

I've never used Fisher machines, but they are good machines.

It comes down to if you want a display or not. Also take a look at the used market you can often get a great machine, one that barely knows what dirt is, for a great price.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I'm begining to think the display is just a deversion . I end up digging pretty much everyhing anyway that makes a constant loud sound .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Tesoro Vaquero. Lifetime warranty, easy to use, deep, and it has paid for itself. Good Luck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too would vote for the Tesoro Vaquero as the best in your price range.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well I got it today very excited . Looked great , felt great . But just my luck . It does not work property . Maybe two to four inches in ground at best . All coins the same . Hell my metal digging tool only eight inches . I have should bad luck . I tried all settings . Don't Think I'm doing something wrong . I even put the penny in the ground 4 inches at most and not a big hit . Darn

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread