Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd probably get a pulse induction (PI) machine.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Trust me chili501 - you will get a bunch of recommendations from member's - you have a tough decision ahead of you. However, whatever you decide - I would recommend you buying from one of TN's Supporting Vendors.

Anyway, that is my three cents!
killingme.gif

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not going into the water, the GPX series detectors from Minelab will do all those things very well. Very expensive though. The Eureka will do it much cheaper but not quite as well. If you want discrimination (so you're not digging every piece of iron junk) it hard to find one machine that will do it all excellently. You may opt for two (or more) machine(s) to cover all the types of hunting you choose to do. The AT Pro is a good machine.....not the best......not the worst. I doubt you will find small nuggets with it but it's good in parks and dry sand. It's also ok in wet ocean sand.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chili501,
The At Pro will work on your salt beaches , it's good at finding relics, coins and jewelry, and it's waterproof to ten feet. It will find small nuggets, but not sub gram gold. It's a great value for the money, and the Adventure Package gives you some great accessories at an affordable price.

There are specialized gold machines, but they aren't the best choice for saltwater beaches.

Call me if I can help you in your decision.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions