gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Practice practice practice on targets you want that are buried at the depths you expect. The numbers are good but expect trash just like everyone else. Bouncing numbers usually indicate trash but not always.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What detector are you Swinging???? Chug

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most Metal Detectors have a visual display. You'd probably want a machine with a large display. White's Spectra V3i with all it's information is one machine that you might want to consider. Put a dummy plug in the head phone plug to silence the tones.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett AT Pro, that I use, shows both a number, and a notch diplay to visually indicate target type. Is that what you are looking for? Best ways to ID a target without using sound?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A detector with a good video display is a start. Find one with an adjustable tone so you can use the best frequency for your hearing as you need something to alert you to a new target. I don't know of any that have a light to alert you but maybe yours can be modified to accept one.....like some pin pointers have. Otherwise, you'll be doing lots of screen staring!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett AT Pro, that I use, shows both a number, and a notch diplay to visually indicate target type. Is that what you are looking for? Best ways to ID a target without using sound?

I have to agree Here For Me Im Hearing Impaired, Sounds for me are hard to Figure out On my whites I cant tell a Difference have to look at the display while Swinging

The ATPro has some Sweet Tones and they dont sound the Same, Im Working on the Pro mode Right Now And that Is a Little Different But I Like It!!! It rocks And If my hearing is Off i can always refer to the Numbers!!! Im Far from Learning the Detector, But Loving Every Beep It Makes

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryan M362 beat me to it. Depending on what kind of detector you have or are going to buy, I think this thing would be the nutts.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am deaf and have cochlear implants and the two detectors that I am coming up with that give good visual indications are the Whites MXT Pro for turn on and go and the Whites V3I which has all the programable stuff including audio and tone adjustments so you can adjust the tone to the ones you still have residual hearing in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread