Looking for a new coil for my gold bug pro

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My gold bug pro came with the 5 inch sniper coil and I'm looking to upgrade to a larger coil. Ive already had some success but I would like to cover more ground and go deeper for jewelry and coins. I was wondering what you guys recommend? Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you have a choice between the 11" DD Elliptical Bi-Axial coil or the 10" DD solid Elliptical coil. The 10" is a little more sensitive to small gold jewelry items and the 11" gives better depth on coin sized and larger items. A lot of folks like the 10" as a compromise between the 5" and the 11". I have all three but if I could only have two of them, I'd go with the 5" and the 11". The 11" works great where you want more coverage and depth like at the beach or large open areas like parks and farm fields.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canuck - you will get a bunch of recommendations from member's - you have a tough decision ahead of you. However, whatever you decide - please consider buying one from one of TreasureNet's Supporting Vendors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread