Garretts customer service!!

bmelvin20

Mar 11, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent garret what was left of my at pro with a busted case and coil and this is what I get back... Basically a brand new machine! Thank you Garett!!!! Here's a picture of it next to what I have left of my old detector.

Attachments

• image-1733258042.jpg
    image-1733258042.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a hint, quit throwing your detector. Oh wait, you said AT Pro, I would throw it too, lol.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know that we all want to know how you broke the old one.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett has some of the best customer service you will ever find....only wish there machines were half as good as there service then they would have something

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful- I felt so bad for you. Now threaten your children with bodily harm if they as much as touch the new one. Happy hunting.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Good to see you got a replacement. I am just about to ship mine in. A few questions if I may.

I bought mine from the original owner. It had everything including a blank warranty card. I didnt fill it out because I never, ever had a problem with a garrett machine. How much was your repair work?

How long did it take to get a working detector back in your hands from the day you sent it in?

Thanks for your time. I really love my AT Pro, but it needs some work done.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Garrett twice with questions concerning a few parts on my machine and on a Garrett tool, and without hesitation they told me that they were sending out a replacement part that day and they did. I offered to send the old parts back and was told it wasn't necessary. Now that is customer service... And I love my AT PRO it works great and I highly recommend this company.

OP
OP
bmelvin20

bmelvin20

Mar 11, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything was destroyed on mine. The main case was cracked and the coil was cracked. The rest of it was mangled. The asked me to send in the coil and the main unit. They replaced the housing and sent me everything else Free of charge. Basically a brand new detector. All I have to buy now is a new set of headphones.

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Glad you got your machine back...I also owe Garrett customer service a big thank you. My AT Pro was giving some false signals on a salt water beach, called Garrett for suggestions, explained the problem and they shipped me a new coil at no cost. I haven't owned another detector in the same price range as the AT Pro to say I'm comparing apples to apples but my last detector was a V3i which was also a very good machine but I really enjoy the versatility and simplicity of the ATP.

relish

Mar 28, 2013
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
ATPRO......Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a battery compartment for my ATPRO break a few weeks ago. Spoke to Hilda in customer service and she said "No problem".....A few days later I received two new compartments free of charge.Garrett service......always #1!

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a cracked coil on my ATP and it was giving me all kinds of noise. Called up Bart in OK to order a new one and he asked if I had called Garrett? I said no that I probably cracked the coil and it wouldnt be covered. He, instead of taking my money, said too call Adam or Sue at Garrett and tell them he told me to call them. Spoke to Adam and explained what was going on and he asked when I bought the machine and if I had the ser #. I was at work so I didnt have the # and he said its ok and took my address and said I will ship you a new coil today and if that dont solve the issue we will try something else. So that being said I say thanks to Bart because he could of taken my order and not said a word and thanks to Garrett for their great customer service and friendly help.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a cracked coil on my ATP and it was giving me all kinds of noise. Called up Bart in OK to order a new one and he asked if I had called Garrett? I said no that I probably cracked the coil and it wouldnt be covered. He, instead of taking my money, said too call Adam or Sue at Garrett and tell them he told me to call them. Spoke to Adam and explained what was going on and he asked when I bought the machine and if I had the ser #. I was at work so I didnt have the # and he said its ok and took my address and said I will ship you a new coil today and if that dont solve the issue we will try something else. So that being said I say thanks to Bart because he could of taken my order and not said a word and thanks to Garrett for their great customer service and friendly help.
.....You know what they say....." if you need a Part call Bart ".... He will point you in the right direction....... And he could also sell you the part......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread