AT haters.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
bquamb....you nailed it.dont expect things to ge a bunch better.any vlf single freq. machine is gonna struggle in the wet salt....period.Its simply NOT what it was designed for.hang tough...you have a capable machine !!!!

Was at the beach yesterday to hunt the dry sand with golden umax. Didn't know it was low tide. Couldn't resist all that wet sand and hunted it. My machine behaved very well. Found a few dollars in clad and a fake heavy men's ring. Later I hit the dry sand and found less coins and more trash. My single frequency vlf does work in wet sand.( At least in my area.) Maybe not as good as a multi frequency machine but good enough that I feel I'm not completely wasting my time. This afternoon will hit low tide with whites dfx with 12" coil. Hope I find something worth posting.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
im an AT user but let me tell you....location location location, luck(if you get there first), user then machine...that's what it really comes down to...but i love my AT pro just like my m6 and minelab....every machine has got theyre perks. but ur right about the haters...bc a affordable machine finds just as much as expesnive machines...but then we go back to location...

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not bashing the Etrac with this video I saw on Youtube! Minelab detectors are amazing and later next year I'll buy an etrac. Though I'll keep my ATP! It has great features and can go deep. But can somebody explain me what happened on this video? All I'm saying is that not all detectors can be perfect at everything! I have read in other forums that the Etrac is not quite the performer on high trashy sites. People everywhere trash talk on The ATP saying this or saying "they don't go deep". Well, I'm currently a happy owner of one, I have found many great items with it, it's water proof and it truly excels in trashy sites! I use Pro Zero Mode and nothing discriminated! Fully open and let the hunt begin!!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not bashing the Etrac with this video I saw on Youtube! Minelab detectors are amazing and later next year I'll buy an etrac. Though I'll keep my ATP! It has great features and can go deep. But can somebody explain me what happened on this video? All I'm saying is that not all detectors can be perfect at everything! I have read in other forums that the Etrac is not quite the performer on high trashy sites. People everywhere trash talk on The ATP saying this or saying "they don't go deep". Well, I'm currently a happy owner of one, I have found many great items with it, it's water proof and it truly excels in trashy sites! I use Pro Zero Mode and nothing discriminated! Fully open and let the hunt begin!!

FBS works better on targets in the ground besides when gold rings are just laying on the ground you don't need a detector. If you're getting one and learn it you should post your results. I have a,couple fbs detectors and they suck with test like this but excell at finding old coins and nails in the same hole. My bet is you'll be pleasantly surpried.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I can explain. This video is BS! Running that at much disc WILL cause you to miss targets due to masking and nails laid perfectly on end like that is about the hardest way to pick up a target in between. If he had been running TTF with a wide open screen, as 2 tone ferrous is ran, he should be able to pick up the low tone of the nails a and the high tone of the ring in between. The big 11" pro coil doesn't help matters when it comes to iron masking either.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are always going to be ways to fool a detector. I can accept the fact that I may miss a target if it's laying just right, regardless of the detector.

Imagine how much we miss already due to depth, location, etc. Not worth losing sleep over!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't hate anyone using any brand detector, I think it's annoying when the title of many post's go like this "AT Pro finds Seated Dime" or "AT Pro finds Whatever". It's like someone saying that their "Craftsman Hammer Built a House". We all know that many detectors would have beeped if it went over the same targets. If in fact, the AT Pro could go out on it's own without a human swinging it and brought back some great finds I'd have 5 in my stable and let them loose daily as I sit on the deck drinking a fancy umbrella drink. JMHO

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hate anyone using any brand detector, I think it's annoying when the title of many post's go like this "AT Pro finds Seated Dime" or "AT Pro finds Whatever". It's like someone saying that their "Craftsman Hammer Built a House". We all know that many detectors would have beeped if it went over the same targets. If in fact, the AT Pro could go out on it's own without a human swinging it and brought back some great finds I'd have 5 in my stable and let them loose daily as I sit on the deck drinking a fancy umbrella drink. JMHO

the only reason I used to put AT Pro in the title was so that other users of the machine could get an idea of what the VDI would be and also give an idea of what could be found. And not all machines will beep over the same target the same way. Ive hunted with my buddy who was hitting a dime 5-6" down with an etrac and the ATP wouldnt hardly do anything. And other times he would get a high tone and i would check it with the pro amd it was just iron. I really could careless what the title says. I see enough dumb titles on here as it is... Not hating thou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions