justin519

Greenie
Apr 22, 2013
elmira
Detector(s) used
f-2 fisher,bounty hunter quickdraw
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i just wanna know if sending the gold/silver too one of those mail inn gold/silver wanted adds,is better then going to a jewllery store or a pawnshop to try and sell??

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found a bunch of threads - here are but a few...

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I prefer to deal with a local dealer. Over the years, we have developed a good working agreement. I find my dealer honest and forthright. To my mind dealing with a local dealer has many advantages , I take all my wares to him and he does pick and choose. He takes it all, and after a time he has stepped up with better prices. This makes it much more profitable for me, and I sure that he is also making money. I also like having the goods in my hand until the deal is made, and not wondering where it is the mail, or who I was dealing with on the internet.:coins:

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My personal oppinion is the TV ad's which tell you they will send you a pre-paid envelope for your unwanted Gold & broken OK stuff. I think many theifs "Launder" their stolen items by mail. i would hate to have my personal gold stuff stolen & sent out of state by mail. I and The Police would have a hard time getting my stolen gold back if it was sent & mented down! I never do the "Sell Gold by mail" stuff. Beware. I saw 2 months ago thousands of pounds of gold make it's way into Iran by jet and no tax or info needed. They are stock piling Gold as shown on a national TV report program. The funny thing is much new Gold Jewlery is really your old gold people are buying back! I thought I would share. Good luck and go with a well known jewlery shop ans ask about the going "Spot" price to be smart and to get the most buck for the bang.

OP
OP
J

justin519

Greenie
Apr 22, 2013
elmira
Detector(s) used
f-2 fisher,bounty hunter quickdraw
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
thanks guys !! it looks like i am going to try the local dealer..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread