30 Hour Notables

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... It's been 6 weeks since I began metal detecting and fell in love with it. Started with an AT Pro for a few weeks, loved how easy it was to learn, and then decided I needed to add an Etrac to my arsenal. If I had to do it all over again, I would opt for just having a single CTX, but having a backup seems smart too. Unfortunately the Michigan weather has limited my chances to get out and learn, but I've managed to clock around 30 hours in between my MDs. The Etrac was soo frustrating at first, but now I am getting the hang of it and am able to quickly identify good targets amongst the junk.

Here are the keepers thus far, all of which were found with the Etrac

image-3045708688.jpg

Upvote 0

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Looks like the second penny down on the right was found more with your digger than your etrac. :-P

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Silver Simon, 30 hrs is a pretty quick learning curve. I wonder how many 'trash' targets you didn't dig might have been treasure? or is the E-trac that good at discrimination? HH yelnif

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Looks like the second penny down on the right was found more with your digger than your etrac. :-P

Haha yes it was! That was my first wheat, and ironically the only only coin I've ever damaged with my digger. That experience made me change my approach from stabbing the ground like a mad man, to a more deliberate and methodical recovery process. Live and learn!

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Silver Simon, 30 hrs is a pretty quick learning curve. I wonder how many 'trash' targets you didn't dig might have been treasure? or is the E-trac that good at discrimination? HH yelnif

No doubt I've missed out on plenty, its a powerful machine, and I'm sure the more time you get in to learn it, the better the results. Pulling silver out of a tiny, heavily detected park helped spark me when I was feeling negative about learning the E-beast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions