ACE 350 for a first detector?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
None at $300.00 besides the Tesoro Silver uMax. The Ace 350 is a good machine - go for it!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None at $300.00 besides the Tesoro Silver uMax. The Ace 350 is a good machine - go for it!
A good machine?...i dont think so and i have a 350

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good machine?...i dont think so and i have a 350

Actually a 350 is a pretty good machine, especially for somebody just starting. My wife and kids use a 250 that we have, and my buddy uses the 350. Both do pretty good. The 250 rides in our trunk, I have to say I have and still swing it every once in awhile and have found quite a bit with it.
I still haven't swung a Tesero yet, but from what I hear and have read they are great machines. So good in fact that I have one on my "to get list"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, please tell us your thoughts!
The 350 stinks because the lack of discrimination it likes to sing quarter dime signals on every piece of scrap and or bottle cap in the ground...its a very annoying machine i wish i never have the pleasure of owning

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm pretty sold on this model for a first detector, but what other machines would rival Garrett in the same price range?

My brother came across a used ACE350, used it for a couple months and then came across a used Fisher, not sure what model. He believed the fisher was a better machine, it is definitely worth more and has more functions, and so forth. Anyways he gave me the ACE350, this is the first metal detector i have ever even used! Its very easy to get used to, and its pretty much turn on and go, you will adjust the settings more once you get used to the sounds and such. It has paid for what it would have cost brand new, once over so far. Yes i have dug plenty of trash and bottle caps, but everyone who has ever metal detected has! I can't compare it to any other machines but i love mine, and I'm at least the third owner so I'm going to say its a great first choice!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found my 350 to be a great machine! I've found it has same depth as AT Pro. Not as many bells and whistles to get in the way. I would sell if interested as my wife prefers to help me dig instead of swinging. 5 weeks old with original box. $250

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to be a charter member to sell just to let you know

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you brought that up! How does one become a charter member? Is it based on the time I've been a member? Is there a fee? I know you have to be CM to list in classifieds as I discovered yesterday.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you brought that up! How does one become a charter member? Is it based on the time I've been a member? Is there a fee? I know you have to be CM to list in classifieds as I discovered yesterday.
Click on Charter at the top of the page and you will learn how. Cost is $20/yr

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have a Charter button on top of this page or anywhere in site that I can locate. I'm running the iPhone app and have searched high and low

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
marh415

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm actually working with one of the supporting vendors on a 350 as we speak! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first detector in 1991, and have used it ever since. About a year ago I bought a 350 because I wanted to try one of the newer detectors that had some sort of target i.d. and different tones but I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like it. The first few hunts I found some good items, but decided I didn't really like the "DD" style coil because it was harder to pinpoint with, so into the closet it went. This past Christmas I recieved a Pro-Pointer to aid in pinpointing and decided to pull the 350 back out about a month ago and give it another try. The past three hunts I have used the 350 and now that I have a pinpointer I have found It to be an excellent detector. Yes, you will find almost every bottle cap and piece of foil you come across, but I have made some good finds once I've gotten the trash out of the way. I am including links to my "Todays Finds" posts where I used the 350 so you can see what kind of finds can be made with the 350.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-gold-ring-ever-20-years-metal-detecting.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...year-whole-roll-wheats-3-buffalo-nickels.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/352108-gold-ring-2-sterling-ring-6-year.html

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 stinks because the lack of discrimination it likes to sing quarter dime signals on every piece of scrap and or bottle cap in the ground...its a very annoying machine i wish i never have the pleasure of owning

Had the 250 and feel the same way. Gotta be the most annoying thing I used. Thank god for minelab.

OP
OP
marh415

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my first detector in 1991, and have used it ever since. About a year ago I bought a 350 because I wanted to try one of the newer detectors that had some sort of target i.d. and different tones but I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I didn't like it. The first few hunts I found some good items, but decided I didn't really like the "DD" style coil because it was harder to pinpoint with, so into the closet it went. This past Christmas I recieved a Pro-Pointer to aid in pinpointing and decided to pull the 350 back out about a month ago and give it another try. The past three hunts I have used the 350 and now that I have a pinpointer I have found It to be an excellent detector. Yes, you will find almost every bottle cap and piece of foil you come across, but I have made some good finds once I've gotten the trash out of the way. I am including links to my "Todays Finds" posts where I used the 350 so you can see what kind of finds can be made with the 350.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-gold-ring-ever-20-years-metal-detecting.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...year-whole-roll-wheats-3-buffalo-nickels.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/352108-gold-ring-2-sterling-ring-6-year.html

Thanks for sharing, very cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread