Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Metal detector harness or slings!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2012
    Englewood
    MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Metal detector harness or slings!

I have a new question for some of you that may be like myself. Does any one use a gun sling, weed eater shoulder strap or any kind of support (hip mount or shoulder) to take the weight of the metal detector of your arm. I am retired now and my old body is not what it use to be. Bad shoulders back and hips. Lol. If so how do they work for you or do they just get in the way and more trouble than they are worth.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
    Sandman and mo dirt diggin like this.
    Phil

us
    I'm in pretty good shape.....for the shape I'm in!

Apr 2013
    Vacherie Louisiana
    XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 , Minelab Explorer II Garrett Pro Pointer Detectorpro Uniprobe Detectorpro Pistol probe Vibra-tector 730 Vibra-Probe 580
    199 times
    Metal Detecting
    Years ago, I bought one. I have come to consider it to be the most useless thing I have ever bought for my MD hobby. It was uncomfortable, and a general pain in the lower posterior.
    I probably had the wrong one, but it was the one recommended by the dealer to take the weight off. Now that I am retired I use a different approach. When my right arm gets tired I switch arms for a short period of time. It seems that the more hours I put in, the more hours I can put in. Conditioning the old body to my MD swings.
    I am right handed, and of the attitude that when my right arms start getting really tired, a nice ring or silver is not far away!

Roy
    I don't MD for profit...it wasn't planned that way, but .......

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1120 times
    I bought one The Swingy Thingy... tied me to much to the detector and it was hard to dig with it on....gave it away.
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

us
    Commodore

Mar 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
    288 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    I bought one The Swingy Thingy... tied me to much to the detector and it was hard to dig with it on....gave it away.
    Gary
    In theory it sounds like a good idea. I think Gary hit the nail on the head though, it would get in the way when trying to kneel and dig and pick up and put down the detector. Especially in wooded.brushy areas. I don't even like being tethered to the headphones.
    twodiggers likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Englewood
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger2 View Post
    Years ago, I bought one. I have come to consider it to be the most useless thing I have ever bought for my MD hobby. It was uncomfortable, and a general pain in the lower posterior.
    I probably had the wrong one, but it was the one recommended by the dealer to take the weight off. Now that I am retired I use a different approach. When my right arm gets tired I switch arms for a short period of time. It seems that the more hours I put in, the more hours I can put in. Conditioning the old body to my MD swings.
    I am right handed, and of the attitude that when my right arms start getting really tired, a nice ring or silver is not far away!

Roy
    Roy the most useful tool for me is is a small fold up canvas set that I can set down on to rest. Lol I do lots of resting.

Phil

us
    Oct 2012
    Englewood
    31 times
    I figured it would be more of a problem to use that it was worth. But might be handy just toting the detector from place to place. Lol

Phil

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, Minelab E-Trac. White's 6000 Di Pro SL. White's Eagle ll SL90, Minelab Excalibur, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, AutoScan, UniProbe, 15" WOT, 5X10 Joey, Stea
    1275 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I bought the Detecting Buddy to take the weight off my E-trac with a WOT coil. Best $20 I've spent lately. It doesn't get in the way kneeling or recovering a target. My only minor nit is that it's not as comfortable as it could be with a little modification of design. You might want to give it a try for $20.
    extreme detecting likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2160 times
    I use a harness shoulder strap for some of my land detectors to support the weight and all I need to do is swing.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Oct 2012
    Englewood
    31 times
    I found one called a limb saver that looks like it would work pretty well. Anyone trie one of them?
    Phil

us
    Dec 2012
    upstate, ny
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    82 times
    Check what this man has to say about it

us
    Oct 2012
    Englewood
    31 times
    That would be cool if you were working in water!
    Phil

us
    Dec 2012
    upstate, ny
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    82 times
    I have also used his idea for beach sand

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9623 times
    I have been using harness for years I wear a camelpac and connect harness to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2195 times
    I only use a support strap with my 2Box. It was purchased at the Good Will Store. It was a strap with a big shoulder pad meant for carrying a valise. It carries all the weight, I merely keep my hand just under the rod. I can work it all day. As far as my XLT and SurfastmasterPI, I can swing them all day with no problem. Mother nature has been kind to me in some ways, being 75. Frank...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	791863

Feb 2013
    3 times
    I use a black hawk single point from walmart for $20 when I go in the water. When on the land I don't use it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors