HELP ME, PLEASE???

heymoe1

May 5, 2013
Elgin, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a local, and I need some help/advice. My daughter lives in the Snellville, Georgia area. I go down to visit her occasionally, and was wondering.........are there any places fairly close to Snellville, where I might be able to use my detector?

Also, I went to a site. Georgia Gold Prospectors Association GGPA ! It seems as though the site might not be totally up-and-operational. Does anyone know if GGPA is still "in business"?

Thank You So Much In Advance!!

Mike
[email protected]

Upvote 0

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read in the past is that in most, if not all of Georgia, the only places you can legally metal detect is on private property with the owner's permission.

That being said I don't know if this is indeed fact or not, just what I have read online, I do know for sure you can't use a metal detector in State Parks, Wildlife Management Areas, National Parks and National Forests in Georgia, these places I have actually checked out when going to do some gold prospecting in Georgia.

Hopefully someone who lives near the area in question with chime in with other info.

Edit: I found this site after replying that says it legal to metal detect in Georgia, but I would take any advice on any website with a grain of salt until your have checked with the local town/city etc.

http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/metal-detecting-in-Georgia.html

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it appears This domain name for the GGPA without content is available for sale by its owner.

So I'm going to say No they are Not what they used to be

See the very top of NewsLetter Updates

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am a life member in GPAA. You must be a member to use there sites. They are all over the USA. Check it .
Gold Prospectors Association of America - Recent Blogs, Articles and Information Frank...

Chapter in Agusta area-- Charles lott [email protected]
chapter in NW georgia-- Alan McCary [email protected]

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I knew Someone would do This :laughing7:

Frankn "GGPA" not GPAA 8-)

I realized that but I was trying to help him out to find a place to detect. GPAA has 3 claims in GA and 2 local chapters. I have listed the chapter chairs . they are friendly and can give him info on other places also. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread