We need to get back to basics...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Coors can and a few more that were rusted beyond recognition. The only silvers found so far at this site was a well worn 1918 and good condition 1945 Mercury dime. What I like about the Coors can....NO PULL TAB! coors.jpg

Upvote 0

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the times when a dime was .10 cents, and beer was beer, and you were constantly ripping out your pants pockets with your church key!

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the times when a dime was a dime, a loaf of bread was a couple of dimes, and a pound of hamburger was a dime or three, and a beer was .30 cents! I would wrap some cloth around my church key, or figure out a way to put it in my wallet! Anyone remember when gas was 2-1/2 dimes a gallon?

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when gas was twenty-five cents a gallon and someone pumped it for you, cleaned your windshield and checked your oil.

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember pumping 80 cent gas at my dads station while checking oil and tires and washing windows. Also remember the ding ding of the bell when someone pulled in and ran over the bell hose.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showin our age...I do remember 35 cent a gal. gas. and you didn't have to pump it yourself, checked your oil or washed your windows, cause I did it for you. The owner of the Sinclair Station I worked for let me fill up my 1969 Ford Torino when ever I needed gas and never charged me. He sold eight track tape there too and I would take them out of the packing play them all night long on a date with my girl and a bottle of Boones Farm Apple Wine and a six of Bud, then put the tapes back in the case to sell. Those were the days.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember those days well. I can remember putting 3.00 in gas in my 1951 Plymouth concord that had a 6 volt battery an a generator and no alternator. The radio had tubes and was only AM. No 8 track player at that time. It cost a nickel to get I to the local theater, a nickel for a bag of pop corn and a nickel for a coke(soda pop) nickel for a candy bar that was a foot long. All the black folk at that time had to use a separate door then white people and wasn't allowed to drink out of the same water fountains and had to set in a balcony section. I am not joking either. This is the way it was. I use to ride these curvy mountain road with no back shocks and when I hit a bump the old car would bounce for the next two miles. Gas was .17 cents a gallon and I also was the one that cleaned windshield and put your oil in. if you pulled in with a good looking babe beside you you were for sure to have the cleanest windshield in town. I was always commented on my windshield cleaning abilities. I did good for the .55 cents an hour I was making.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Showin our age...I do remember 35 cent a gal. gas. and you didn't have to pump it yourself, checked your oil or washed your windows, cause I did it for you. The owner of the Sinclair Station I worked for let me fill up my 1969 Ford Torino when ever I needed gas and never charged me. He sold eight track tape there too and I would take them out of the packing play them all night long on a date with my girl and a bottle of Boones Farm Apple Wine and a six of Bud, then put the tapes back in the case to sell. Those were the days.
You been reading my diary again! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread