Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of Discrimination is elimination of metals from iron on up to the precious metals. Without knowing anything about your detector I'd say all the way left on discrimination knob you would be eliminating no metals and so on as you turn it clockwise. Try testing this with various sample targets, nail, metal nut pop tops, coins, silver and gold. Swing over the nail or bolt and then turn the knob clockwise till these targets are not identified. You have now successfully eliminated your detector from seeing these metals. As you test pop tops notice how they are identified similar to gold. Silver and coins should and the high end of discrimination or all the way clockwise to the right. Some where between 10 and 12 O Clock should be a good start if your detector is similar to some I've worked with. I assume that the word Ground is referring to Ground Balancing. Which is the action of balancing your detector to the minerals found in the ground you are hunting. I have know idea how to explain what to do on your unit. Sorry. Did you or can you find an instruction manual for your detector online? Would be a great help.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are much more likely to get better advice if you post the machine you are using.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one I'm using is borrowed from my father-in-law. Its a harbor freight(junk)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread