Civil War Era Bullets?

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting my favorite park this afternoon, which was empty as it usually is, and my E-Trac sounded off with a 12-34, hard. I expected an old penny, but it turned out to be a heavy chunk of metal. A few feet later, same ID, same depth, same heavy chunk. Another few feet and more of the same! After cleaning them up, I guessed that they were bullets, and they were all 6-8" in the ground.

I did a little picture searching on Google, and my guess is .58 cal, which also exactly match the ID on the E-Trac chart. Every picture I could find listed the bullets as a Civil War relic, so does anyone have any information on how old these bullets might be?

20130513_215231.jpg

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
might be a civil war era military drilling target range "landing spot" for fired bullets there -- with the""3 rings" around the base could be 58

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
might be a target range "landing spot" for fired bullets there -- with the""3 rings" around the base could be 58

It is in the middle of town near lots of homes and businesses, but was a trading post in the 1830's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread